SAHM 5/16 - 5/22

Options
katapple
katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
previous thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/235848-sahm-5-9-5-15

Welcome!! We are a fabulous group of Stay at Home Moms that support each other through our weightloss and the most important job....being a mom! We welcome all newcomers, join in any time, we would love to get to know you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Nicole, great job, 5lbs is AWESOME!!!

Stacey ~ Yeah for the compliment from the hubby! Good job on the food last week, I've been just horrible. I really need to get back to my normal self and stop all this mindless snacking! UGH! Hope the party went well, Happy belated birthday to your son! :)

New picture for me, need to remind myself I am Super Woman and I *can* do it! I need to get back to eating healthy and drinking my water again. I'm hovering back up around 141, and I don't like it! I was down to 138 at one point this week, then I lost it. I think this humidity is making me retain water like crazy!

It's a new day, and a new wee. Going to hit the gym this morning for TurboKick, I missed that class while I was gone!! Have a great Monday ladies!
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! I have to get the kids off to school then it's me time! SO glad I found you gals.
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Katie - Way to get back on the horse! You can totally do it!

My sister works a full-time job and has no kids. Her husband is unemployed right now, so she gave him a list of chores to do today. She said, "I think that all stay at home moms should have a Monday to just catch up on their cleaning." :laugh: Well, I'll take that challenge! Today is Catch Up On My Cleaning Day. Lawd knows this house needs it! :happy:

I really want to do the Couch to 5K program. I have to do something to get up and out. My couch is way too cozy for me.:angry:

Have a great week, everyone!
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    tagging for later...

Got in late last night from my trips...have so much to catch up on. Happy Moday ladies!
  • mamato4boys1girl
    Options
    It's a new day & I'm back at it! :drinker:

Love the shirt Katie!!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good morning Lovely Ladies!

Rainy and cold weekend here, so nothing too exciting going on. I did officially reach the 120's, 128.8! YEAH! Other than that my weekend was spent doing laundry and sorting things for a garage sale this weekend. I didn't make it to EVO this morning. Julia has had a few nights of bad sleep and Lucy has woken up as well so this morning I decided that more sleep was the way to go. I will head into the gym and get a good workout in my own.

Nicole-I will be finishing the cleaning I started, and organizing the garage sale mess today as well. If I'm doing super good I'll get the floors mopped too!

Katie (aka Superwoman)-The new pic is awesome! It's easy to forget sometimes that we are Super-women. Try not to stress about the few pounds that came back they are probably false gains and are just your body retaining extra water.

A new day and start of a new week! What's your goal for the week ladies? Mine is to get the garage sale stuff all done by Wed.-Thurs. Food wise to stay under on sodium and up my water intake (wasn't very good this weekend). Exercise wise to try some new exercises from all the fitness magazines I have by my bedside table and put together a new routine of things.

Holly
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think I totally missed the last thread, so I'll have to go catch up! I spent most of the week outside gardening/landscaping last week and I don't know if I'm coming or going. :huh:

I need to join you in getting back on the horse, Katie! Barbecue weather is not helping me.

Nicole- You go!! I have to have those days too. My house is suprisingly clean, but it wasn't just a few days ago. The prospect of having company gets me moving! :laugh:

It's been raining for two days and I've done nothing but drink tea (instead of water) and snack. At least they were banana muffins and not cookies, but it's still not good. I weighed myself this morning for the first time in a few weeks and was down .4 pounds, but I don't feel like I've lost weight. I need to get back to Jillian Michaels. I did score a free home gym with weights off of Freecycle, so we'll pick that up on Friday. DH is always saying he wants a weight machine because then he would work out. We'll see. :laugh: I'll have to give him some extra motivation. :tongue:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Katie~Love the new pic and the shirt. I was wondering what the story behind it was until I read your post.:happy:

Nicole~Ya the couch is a little too comfy. Cleaning sounds like something that I need to do too.:laugh: Just can't bring myself to it. Instead I am going to go out and do some yard work. I need to get my garden in before it is too late.

Holly~For me I think I am going to work on water and getting my yard work done enough to get my garden in. My mom told me that my sister already has hers in. We have been slacking. :grumble: Every year I tell my hubby next year I want to get the garden going earlier and so far it has NOT happened.

Well I best be off to get my stuff done that I need to and give the boys some outside time.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I kicked my own butt with circuit training today! I did legs and abs, the latter of the two is already sore. Not much in the cardio area, just a 10 min. warm up because I ran out of time. Oh well, there's always tomorrow for cardio or I could do Zumba at home. I already had 3 cups of water so making progress there too!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It's a new day & I'm back at it! :drinker:

Love the shirt Katie!!

LoL Christi, I have that shirt too!!!! Love it~ :bigsmile:

Be back later, my daughter has her first spring program tonight, very excited!!!
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I did good the majority of the week but can feel my appetite getting the best of me. If I'd choose things that were healthy all of the time, then I wouldn't be in this situation, but I was good most days and on the days that I wasn't so good, I was still good at least half of the day on those days.
    Still managed to drop 2 pounds since my last weigh in. I'm almost at the bottom of my "yo-yo" weight. The smallest I've managed to be since having my son (5 years ago) is 175; I'm now at 177... I've not gotton below that weight at any point since I was pregnant with him, so I'm hoping that I can finally get past that point. When I do, I will have more confidence in myself, and will know that I'm finally making changes that will stick and not just a quick weight loss and a gain back up to 185 (in a week mind you). That's what I used to do... would get down to 175 and somehow would gain 10 pounds back (mostly water I'm sure) in a week... how does that happen?
    Oh well, this has been working for me CONSISTENTLY, so I'm faithful that I will keep it up.
    Besides, I love going to the gym now; it's my ME time... so I don't see me not going, and I love actually knowing how much I can eat.... I CAN DO THIS... I CAN DO THIS...
    I need one of those SuperWoman shirts....
    Maybe someone on here knows a lady or a company that will make us some SuperMom shirts... that'd be a good one to wear when we are running in 5k and such...
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    tagging for later!
    thanks katie!

i'm going to run/walk while lo's at gymnastics today. wish me luck!
  • smartmama4
    smartmama4 Posts: 30
    Options
    Tagging for later..... My hubby seems to think he would like some of my attention! LOL I'll be back tomorrow :) I really need some motivation! I'm having a heck of a time telling the cookies and chips in the kitchen NO! At least I have stayed in my limit today! So that is good!

Well, he is looking at me, so...... tomorrow! lol
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

My new profile pic is my daughter and me at her spring program from last night. She looks so grown up in the picture, aww. :cry: She's getting to be such a big girl. She did really good last night.

Also, my lil guy, he's not quite 13 months yet, and he's walking pretty good, still a little wobbly, but he's doing great! If I remember right, my daughter didn't walk til she was like 15-16 months, I'll have to remind my self and look at her baby book.

Hope everyone had a great Monday. Hubby and I made it to the Y yesterday and both got a pretty good workout in! Hoping for a weight loss this week and not another gain.

Will check back in later.

Have a great day ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Nicole (PNCTink) - I say muffins are nutritious because they're breakfast food--the most important meal of the day! :laugh:

KatieM7 - Yard work is next! It's not my thing, but ours looks a hot mess. :ohwell:

Hollyb - way to go on the workout and water! I'm so bad with both...:frown:

Lloydmel - Loving the gym in 98% of the battle! You're well on your way. One suggestion if you're hungry--try upping your protein a bit. Sometimes it ups your calories and fat as well depending on what you choose, but it curbs hunger better than anything else.

Barb (BlueRose9483) - Your daughter is such a cutie! They grow so fast, don't they?

I spoke to a good friend of mine who I hadn't connected with in almost a year. I am SO BAD about staying in touch! My bestie has called me like 3 times and I haven't phoned her back. I don't know what's wrong with me. Anyway, the conversation was great. I sent her some updated pics of me, since the last time she saw me I weighed about 90 lbs more than I do now. My goal this week is to call my darned friends!

I did clean the house yesterday. It looks presentable, but I didn't do any super-deep cleaning. The house really needs it. Today is cold and rainy, so I don't know what I'll get into. I have a couple of conference calls later tonight, but other than that, I may do some Bible study that I haven't done in forever, and later sink into a novel!

Have a great day, everyone.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    hi girls! lotsa good happening out there!

i ran 22min straight yesterday, then walked 14, ran 6, then walked for a total of 47min. YAY

today i plan on doing leslie sansone's boot camp dvd.

my goals this week--keep drinking water, eat 2 fruits and 2 veges every day.

btw--i MAJORLY burnt fries in the oven yesterday. (left the oven on with them hoping to get a head start for dinner--came home to a SMOKY house!!). besides continuing to open doors and windows, any other suggestions for getting the smoke smells out of my house? i'm so sad--it's our new house and i wrecked it!! :(
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Katie! Great new profile pic and I'm sure you will shift the couple of pounds you have gained, I'm sure most of it would be water anyway!

Stacey - great progress with the running, well done!

Barb - your daughter is very sweet! I hate how quickly they grow, my eldest is 5 next month :sad:

Welcome smartmama!

Welcome back Nicole, 4 lbs is a very good loss, I find sometimes it seems to take a while for my head to catch up with what I have lost and to really 'feel' my new weight.

I lost 3 lbs this week, bringing me to a total loss of 20 lbs in 10 weeks exactly! We are going on holiday to France (bad land of yummy food) 2 weeks from Sunday so I'm really determined to do the very best that I can and shift what I can so I feel as comfortable as humanly possible on the beach. I am feeling slimmer and I have to keep remininding myself how far I have come, and that DD is still only 3 months so I mustn't expect miracles!!

My goals for this week are basically to keep right on it, I am trying to up the exercise a bit and did a 5 mile walk with DD today (instead of usual 3) and am meeting up with a friend to go power walking Thurs night which is a new thing so hopefully will make a difference. I have also ordered my very first workout DVD! :laugh:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    shoppie--that's great on the exercise!

well, ladies, i did not meet any of my goals today. had a smoke inspector come and review the situation. he gave many suggestions of how to eradicate the smoke odor, and basically said it's minor enuf we can do it ourselves. whew!

so today, kept doors and windows open, febrezed the furniture, wiped down all the cabinets inside and out with orange glo. still need to clean the oven. and hopefully that will be sufficient.
    if not, then we have to wash down the walls and ceiling in the kitchen/great room.
    man, when i make a mistake, i make it BIG.

for tomorrow i plan on doing the dvd i skipped today, and eating properly. must snack on fruits and veges!

also, will need to continue with house cleaning.

chk ya later-
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself Stacey, anyone can make a mistake and it sounds like hopefully you'll be able to rectify it.

My big news today is none diet-related, there has been a lot of toing and froing but basically I have now agreed a date to return to work - Tues 3 Jan 2012! :frown: Ah well, just over 7 months to go, and I intend to make every minute with my babies count! It is also more motivation to get back in shape though as I still need to shift about another 10 pounds before the majority of my work wardrobe will fit me! :laugh:
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!
    Sorry I have been MIA...I have really struggled to get back into the groove after my business trip/wedding trip last week. I don't fly well at all, and I hate sleeping in hotels, so doing it for four days straight really takes a toll on me. We did have an amazing time at the wedding down in Florida, so that is the silver lining.

Anyway, I hope that everyone is having a good week. Congrats to everyone who had a loss this week!

No loss for me, but considering not logging for four days, and traveling, holding steady is an accomplishment in itself.