I am ready

Options
Well guys and gals it has been 6 weeks and I am a pound away from mainenance (9 lbs in total)! I am soooo ready for some mainenance calories. I had a dream the other day that I was portioning little cups of cheese cake for myself , which is not bad ,but in my dream I knew that they had been in my fridge for a while and I didn't care if they were questionable! I've been eating less lately of course and my fridge has a lot of leftovers in it, I guess that was part of my dream (waste not want not) Anyway, I havn't been depriving myself as you guys have seen on some of my posts re thai food and pizza and cheese cake days but everything is a lot smaller now and I think my dream was telling me my body still doesn't like that idea....or maybe it was saying it is fine with the idea now; but anyhoo it was odd. Thank you for all of your support, I work midnights so it is easy to be on this site often and you guys are great. I'll let you know when I start my maintenance.

Anne

Replies

• deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Well guys and gals it has been 6 weeks and I am a pound away from mainenance (9 lbs in total)! I am soooo ready for some mainenance calories. I had a dream the other day that I was portioning little cups of cheese cake for myself , which is not bad ,but in my dream I knew that they had been in my fridge for a while and I didn't care if they were questionable! I've been eating less lately of course and my fridge has a lot of leftovers in it, I guess that was part of my dream (waste not want not) Anyway, I havn't been depriving myself as you guys have seen on some of my posts re thai food and pizza and cheese cake days but everything is a lot smaller now and I think my dream was telling me my body still doesn't like that idea....or maybe it was saying it is fine with the idea now; but anyhoo it was odd. Thank you for all of your support, I work midnights so it is easy to be on this site often and you guys are great. I'll let you know when I start my maintenance.

Anne
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's funny, dreaming of eating moldy cheesecake. :laugh: I haven't gotten that bad yet.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Waste not want not is a phrase I have heard all my life too. So I can see how this would work it’s way into your dreams lol. When I was working as a cake decorator I would decorate cakes in my dreams….there was no escape from the cakes lol :noway:
    It’s hard to get the mind set that it is OK to throw something away and not treat our bodies like a garbage disposal thinking we had to eat it and not waste anything. You know what I always say now. I don’t consider it a waste of food or money I consider it an investment in my health. Because if I eat it I will be wearing it in the form of fat. So I guess I could also say I am making a fashion statement LOL! :laugh:
    Congratulations on being so close to maintenance! :drinker: Keep up the good work you are doing great!
    :flowerforyou:
  • tonimichaelson
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!! Please keep us posted, I can't wait for the day when I can say the same!!!!!!!!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm of the waste not want not frames of mind, too. So...I just freeze everything in single serve portions. I need a bigger freezer! It really helps with the fact that I live alone, love to cook, and grew up with a big family so I don't seem to know how to cook anything smaller than food for 8! It's nice to have my own, homemade "tv dinners" that I know are healthy for me whenever I want them.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Once you reach your goal does this site give you the amount of calories to eat to maintain that weight? Like does it modify your calories for you? Just wondering cause I'm 5 away from mine.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    you have to go into your goals and change them to maintenance, so instead of putting in lose 1/1.5/2lbs per week you put in none and it recalculates your daily calories, I already peaked at what my calories will be and I'm looking forward to the increase.