Stuck at 190!

Options
Hey, everyone. I have been doing well for months but for the last few weeks I CAN NOT drop below 190. I need some advice from any dudes that have gotten past this. Feel free to check out my food diary and offer any advice you see fit. I'm just getting discouraged.

Thanks

Replies

• nikib1980
    nikib1980 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just keep going. Maybe a bit more intense programme of cardio?
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    whats your cardio like ? might be one of those things that you just have to keep pusshing throu !!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    You seem to be going over on fat and sodium but not hitting your protein goals. Drink more water and eat more protein.
    -wtk
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    The thing that sucks for cardio is I would LOVE to run more but I have knee tendonitis I'm trying to heal from so that is keeping me from that for now.
  • watsonsc
    watsonsc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck there too! I go back and forth from 189 to 190! I'm starting to zig zagging my calories ( go to http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm for more info on zig zagging) so I'm hoping that helps break this lil plateau (I've been stuck for 3 weeks) Any other suggestions would be great!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Up your cals. Make sure they're healthy cals. Don't just have a soda and a piece of cake and call it good. Add some more PB, nuts, avacado, milk, etc.
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    throw in some new cardio dude, the same thing over and over starts to loose effectiveness.

If you can get on a bike / arc / elliptical they are much lower impact. Mix up your routine, maybe opt for heavier more intense but lower rep workouts or lighter longer more rep workouts.

If you haven't swapped exercises in the past 4-6weeks swap things around, try to shock your body.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Much more protein and less fat. If you are at 190lbs, then you should get at least close to 190g of protein every day, even more on strength training days. What do you have the Fat % set to? 25% should be the max, you could try 20% for short periods of time as well, but don't go under that. How do your Saturated Fats look? Try to keep Saturated Fats as low as possible.

You can look in my diary for protein ideas. My food logging has been sporadic lately, but often enough for you to see a typical day.

Also, stop eating anything with processed sugars in it (except protein bars and protein shakes). Try using local honey as a sweetener.

Eat no refined flour products. Go with whole wheat or whole grain.

Drink TONS of water. Don't stop at 8 or so, just keep on drinking.

Make breakfast your largest meal of the day.

Check out the link in my signature, in that BLOG I also give tips I used to lose my weight.
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I agree with hewhoiscd. I would like to add a few things. 1) looks like your protein goal is set at 40% but you are undershooting it. Hitting it might help. 2) you look like you are already pretty lean. You might want to change your goal from weight loss to fat loss with muscle retention. Sometimes when the goal is weight loss, people lose valuable lean muscle along with the fat. There is a great e-book called "burn the fat feed the muscle" by Tom Venuto. It helped me go from 20% bodyfat to about 10.5% (so far). I have never felt better and I only use my scale weight to measure my Lean Body Mass. Which I think is a much more important measurement than weight.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I agree with hewhoiscd. I would like to add a few things. 1) looks like your protein goal is set at 40% but you are undershooting it. Hitting it might help. 2) you look like you are already pretty lean. You might want to change your goal from weight loss to fat loss with muscle retention. Sometimes when the goal is weight loss, people lose valuable lean muscle along with the fat. There is a great e-book called "burn the fat feed the muscle" by Tom Venuto. It helped me go from 20% bodyfat to about 10.5% (so far). I have never felt better and I only use my scale weight to measure my Lean Body Mass. Which I think is a much more important measurement than weight.
    Thanks a lot. I think I get freaked cause I was fat for so long I don't know what direction I should go in. I get too hung up on the weight loss thing still cause I am still learning. I will def try to hit my protein more. I am going to have to check out that book also. Yeah I def want to build muscle and burn fat so that sounds great.