It is all going backwards-help!

Options
so things were going really well I got down to 146lbs, I was losing 2/3lbs a week but it was making me feel unwell so had a chat with my dr and she suggested to aim for 1/2lb a week so I did but I weighed in yesterday morning and I am 152.2lbs:noway:

I am so upset and confused about what to do any suggests?

Thanks skiski xxx

Replies

• skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    so things were going really well I got down to 146lbs, I was losing 2/3lbs a week but it was making me feel unwell so had a chat with my dr and she suggested to aim for 1/2lb a week so I did but I weighed in yesterday morning and I am 152.2lbs:noway:

Thanks skiski xxx
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    is it "that time" of the month? did you eat something really salty or dense? how's your water consumption? all of those things can effect your weight on the scale by up to 5 or more pounds! I would ease up on salt, and drink lots of water, and see what happens over the next few days. Maybe you should go back to the amounts you were eating and exercising when you were losing 2/3 lb. then every week add like 50-100 calories to the amount you consume each day and see where you are when your weight loss stabilizes at 1/2 lb per week and where your body feels its best, not icky. But id try watching salt and drinkin more water for 3-4 days first before i did anything else.
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    PS your weight is my goal, wave to me a LOT from there so i don't get lost on my way over! :)
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

Thanks skiski xxx

I've heard others say that when they were eating too little then upped their calories that at first they gained but then the losses resumed again. Hang in there and see what happens in another week.
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ahh my long pst vanished lol...

Lisa: *waving hard*

ok I drink lots of water but i do add a lot of salt to my food so am cutting that out big time so iwill let you know how that goes thanks for the advice and stopping by to help out.

shorerider thanks for the advice xxx