Yoga DVD

Options
lottycat
lottycat Posts: 333 Member
Hello,

Just a little request... I started a Hatha Yoga class last week and totally loved it. I really want to increase my strength and flexibility and yoga seems a good way to do it. I'll continue doing the class every week, but I want to do it more frequently, everyday preferably. I was wondering if anyone can reccommend a good yoga DVD that I can do at home to keep me supple between classes?

Many Thanks x

Replies

• lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    bump.

I did yoga while pregnant, can't afford the gas (and daycare) to drive an hour to a class now. I have been wondering about a good dvd also. (:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    2 yoga DVDs I like:

Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss by Susan Deason. This is great, there are 4 levels of modification.

Candlelight Yoga by Sara Ivanhoe is excellent too. She has such a great personality. This is available to "watch instantly" on Netflix.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have quite a collection of Yoga DVDs. Here are my favorites: Elena Brower, "Yoga for Beginners" from Elements. It's awesome, her cuing is terrific. It is about 50 minutes long and she is easy to follow. Shiva Rea, also a Beginners Yoga. This one is a little tougher, and it is about 70 minutes long, but you can divide it into sections. Natasha Rizopoulos, Yoga Journal, has a three DVD set that is terrific. This one is divided into "instruction menu" and "practice menu." In the "instruction" part of it, she carefully explains each move, and shows how to modify it if you're less flexible. The "practice menu" section also allows you to follow the person who is more of a beginner. (It's called "Follow Jason"). The first DVD is standing poses, the second one is for flexibility, and the final one is for balance. I also use Barbara Brenaugh (spelling?), AM/PM Yoga for beginners. This one is slower paced, and has many options for those days when you just don't have time, all the way up to those days where you can devote more time to practice. It's my least favorite, but it's still good.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I like the Susan Deason one as well. Also anything by Rodney Yee is great.

I would recommend you go to your library and see what they have first. You could try a bunch of different ones and see what you like.

Also, there are plenty of free podcasts - yoga journal has some - that you could try
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like the "10 minute" ones from walmart. You can add more than one together, do one segment, do all 5.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - very helpful indeed :) x
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels Yoga and love it.