Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-In December 14

Options
Good Morning! I started my day with 30 minutes of shoveling at 5 this morning-the snowblower & I had words last night :frown: & it seems I blew the motor up! Not me personally, it was old & tired-but we have a nor'easter headed our way tomorrow night so I see a LOT of shoveling in my future. I also did my Hip-Hop Abs 30 min, Bowflex 20 min & my stationary bike for 20 min. Now I'm off to do some shopping so we can bake cookies while we're snowed in.

:happy: Happy Friday Everyone!:happy:

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good Morning! I started my day with 30 minutes of shoveling at 5 this morning-the snowblower & I had words last night :frown: & it seems I blew the motor up! Not me personally, it was old & tired-but we have a nor'easter headed our way tomorrow night so I see a LOT of shoveling in my future. I also did my Hip-Hop Abs 30 min, Bowflex 20 min & my stationary bike for 20 min. Now I'm off to do some shopping so we can bake cookies while we're snowed in.

:happy: Happy Friday Everyone!:happy:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Sorry Julie! I type pretty slow so you got the post out first today! Thanks!

Wow! Put a "2" in front of that date and we are celebrating Christmas Eve! I CAN'T believe how fast the days are going by! Just means it's that much more important to focus on our goals. Look over what you wanted to accomplish through this challenge and see what you need to do to make it happen. I know I'm still lacking in the weight training department. I'm going to try to make an extra push these last 10 days before Christmas to get that done. Don't let me off too easy!

Last night I rode my bike for 30 minutes at a vigorous pace. I will be in town all day so lots and lots of walking might be the extent of my exercise today. If I get home early enough I'll do something else though.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Have a GREAT Friday!!!
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Hey all - to get some weights in while shopping - do bag curls! I do a few every time I go grocery shopping. You can also do tricep pull backs and shoulder lifts, but it's more obvious. Also, squat every time you pick something up off the floor - but watch those knees! Do hamstring curls while waiting in line or stand on one leg, or both! You can be secretive about it if you are easily embarrassed.

All that said and all I did yesterday was walk - about an hour. But I had a volunteer that didn't show up, so I had to work another 4 hours yesterday. I'll go to the gym today and work hard though. Only one week left for me!

All this snow stuff makes me happy I'm in Texas - I only see snow every 4 years or so. Hope to see some real snow in CO though. I'd like to see enough to make a snowman, but no ice please.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did very well...I went to the gym (it finally opened!!:bigsmile: ) and I did one hour of a cardio fat burn program on a treadmill (this burned 540 calories) and then I did the circuit weights for an hour working muscles I didn't even know I had (I know they are there now...I can feel them!) So, I was proud of myself. I am done work at noon today, so I am planning on going to the gym again and getting another good workout in. I know that I am really bad about getting myself out of the house on the weekends, so we'll see what tomorrow brings... I probably won't post again until Monday. So, have a great weekend everyone!!:bigsmile:

*kistinbee*
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'll get a commuter walk in today of about 40 minutes. My Friday night spin class is cancelled for December (since when did Christmas become an entire month long?) So I have to spin tomorrow instead.

And, does frantic Christmas shopping count as cardio?:tongue:
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just got back from the gym, I did step aerobics for an hour and the eliptical for 20 mins and weights. Today is my b-day and I hit my b-day goal on my b-day. How lucky huh? I didnt think I was going to make it. But today I am 155.8 I have lost a totoal of 54lbs!!! :bigsmile:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    athomemommy, happy birthday! How awesome to have lost so much weight so far. That is just fantastic!

I went to the gym this morning and did a 1 hr spinning class (kicked my BUTT!) and then worked out with my trainer for 1 hour doing strenght training. It was a super hard workout day, but my husband's holiday party is tomorrow night, and I want to wear this little black dress... we'll see how I feel tomorrow, but hopefully it'll be cute.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I can't remember if I posted this week yet....

Monday, cardio 45 min.and wieghts (10-15min)
    Tuesday, excuses
    Wednesday cardio 45 min. and weights(10-15min.)
    Thursday, lazy

I see a pattern...I tend to say to myself I can spread out during the week because I know I have all weekend but then I am too tired on the weekend to get my goal of five cardio days in.....guess I'll have to stop making excuses during the week and just enjoy the weekends as I seem to be doing anyways.
  • Caliente007
    Caliente007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day of my LOW calorie diet.... after shopping for a x-mas party yesterday I felt so fat and depressed.... I want to look good for new years so Im going to try and stay with in my calories and get toned at the same time. We will see how this works out by x-mas.

Good Luck to all of you.