Zumba?

Options
2»

Replies

• chicnlittle
    Options
    I did zumba last year when I was doing aerobics on a regular basis, I think I'm going to go home and do some today. It is sooo much fun, although it's not as easy as they make it look at least you get moving. I can't exercise in front of people either so I know how you feel. I think it hurt my husbands feelings when I told him he had to leave the living room while I exercised, but if I'm gonna be huffing and puffing and sweating my butt off I at least want to feel relaxed while I'm doing it. Ebay or amazon would probably be the best place to get a good deal on the dvd's.
  • akunce
    akunce Posts: 29
    Options
    I have zumba for the wii system and i love it! Its great to do it in the privacy of my own home with the shades closed! LOL Plus I only had to pay for the original game but can use it as often as I lke! My daughters use it too so it is a lot cheaper than going to classes!
  • ChocoMary
    ChocoMary Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    At home, I have a wii and I have the cd zumba fitness, I really love it, an hour seem like 30 minutes and I burn lots of calories and having fun! ;)
  • lejess
    lejess Posts: 63
    Options
    LOL at your comment!
    I have the zumba for wii, its pretty good.
    However, I really think you should try a class. I couldn't talk any of my friends into taking one, but I really wanted to try it. So I went ahead and signed up, all by myself. I was really proud of myself, but nervous all the same. I showed up and realized that almost every woman in there was heavy. And once we got going, not only is no one looking at you, but they are just like you! They are nervous, and awkward, and trying to learn the steps. As I looked around I caught a few ladies' eyes and we all laughed about it! And you know what, it was fun! It also built a sort of camaraderie.
    By all means, do what you are comfortable with, but I think you'll be surprised at how much everyone feels the same way and also how much fun you can really have in the class. Good luck!
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was nervous about going my first time (last Mon.) and now I LOVE it!!!! I'm goin to get the game for the Wii.

I go to the back of the room to Zumba when I go. I watch other people just for the steps, not for any other reason. Especially when I can't see the instructor.

I'm going tonight. Can't wait.
  • armywife121110
    Options
    I like my Zumba for the Wii... I sweat like crazy and I agree I don't want to be wigglin in from of people. My best friend keeps bugging me to go but she's super skinny so it's ok for. i'm just not ready for that!
  • CatchThatKitten
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I talked to my husband today and he offered to go with me to classes, so I wouldn't have to be alone. Gotta love a secure, supportive man! So we start on Thursday. Wish us luck!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I talked to my husband today and he offered to go with me to classes, so I wouldn't have to be alone. Gotta love a secure, supportive man! So we start on Thursday. Wish us luck!

That's awesome. You've got a good man there. No way my husband would do that for me. He will hike the mountains with me but no way I'd him get to Zumba. Good luck!
  • KKF79
    KKF79 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love love Zumba, The YMCA offers it 4 times a week and i try to attend all 4 classes. Before Zumba u could not get me to go to the GYm now u cant keep me out of the Gym. Its is great way to work out and have fun at the same time.:smile::smile:
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has wii's zumba and she loves it...I have the zumba DVD's. I love them, but honestly...I don't think anything beats joining a class. I don't wigglin/jigglin in front of others either, but I just where tight clothes on my thighs and tummy and then cover it all up with a baggy shirt. I just have so much fun doing it though! LOVE IT!

Hopefully you'll figure out a great way to do it, cause it's a blast!
  • monoxidechick
    monoxidechick Posts: 339
    Options
    A zumba class is just starting at my gym and I am thinking of trying it out. Might as well try it out. A friend of mine has some DVDs and Im thinking of trying it with her at home at least once before the class. Just go out and wiggle that jiggle, sounds worth it to me!! Have fun and good luck!
  • Brittany526
    Options
    I just started zumba classes last week and I was afraid of wearing shorts (I never wear shorts) and the jiggle factor as well, but I put on my shorts and figured everyone is there for the same reason and we will all jiggle together! Give the class a go, its fun and motivating and I dont know about classes anywhere else, but here, its relaxing and no one is judgemental. Best of Luck
  • Gillott232
    Gillott232 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A zumba class is just starting at my gym and I am thinking of trying it out. Might as well try it out. A friend of mine has some DVDs and Im thinking of trying it with her at home at least once before the class. Just go out and wiggle that jiggle, sounds worth it to me!! Have fun and good luck!

TRY IT! it is worth every second! I have been doing Zumba for a year now and I am actually getting my Instructor certification this weekend. I started 5 week PP with my daughter and have lost 15 lbs getting back down to my pre-pregnancy weight and then some. My endurance has increased and the best part is it does not feel like work!!! :) Totally worth your time. I will add that I have the DVD's and the PS3 Zumba game and I dont really care much for either one. They just are not as fun and motivating as what you get in class with everyone yelling and hollering. So motivating and everyone will hold you accountable to coming if you become a regular! I think the DVD's and Game is actually harder then doing and in class becuase the instructors (if you have a good one) are good about breaking things down slower if you need them and seeing a person do them in real life just makes it easier.

ENJOY THE CLASS! Hope it works for you!