calculating recipes

pepefifer
pepefifer Posts: 14 Member
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
Hi,

I'm getting my digital scale in the mail soon and I'm excited to start using it! My question is, how do I figure out how many calories per serving once I've made something? If I put together something for one serving, then I know how to do that. But, for example, if I make a bowl of tuna fish, how do I calculate for one serving? I plan on measuring and weighing everything as I put recipes together, but I'm lost and confused after that. For example, if I use 4 cans of tuna fish and 5 tablespoons of mayonaise (I'm just adlibbing here, not sure of exact measurements as I type) and then add my seasonings, I will know how much is in the bowl when I'm done. When I make my sandwich, how will I know how much mayo is now in my sandwich and how much tuna fish, etc. If I measure out 2 oz, will I know what I'm putting in my body? Sorry if this isn't clearly typed out. I know what I'm trying to ask, but not good at putting it into words.

Thank you in advance!

Cindy :smile:

Replies

• Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    if you click your 'food' tab, there's a subheading for 'recipes'. This thing is awesome! You put in your whole can of tuna and however much mayo you use to make your tuna spread. Then, based on how much you plan on using on a sandwich, you tell it how many servings that is (like, I would say one can of tuna is probably 4 or 5). Then, when you go to add in your food log, there's a tab for "recipes", and that's where all of your recipes live.

I use it a lot.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    if you click your 'food' tab, there's a subheading for 'recipes'. This thing is awesome! You put in your whole can of tuna and however much mayo you use to make your tuna spread. Then, based on how much you plan on using on a sandwich, you tell it how many servings that is (like, I would say one can of tuna is probably 4 or 5). Then, when you go to add in your food log, there's a tab for "recipes", and that's where all of your recipes live.

I use it a lot.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Usually i will type in all of my ingredients and if it's soup for example i will measure how many cups the whole thing makes. Lets say 12 cups, which is 12 servings. It will calculate every single ingredient by 12.
    There's no way to get an exact measurement as nothings is 100% equal BUT it's close enough.
This discussion has been closed.