Confession and NSV!

Options
I have to confess first, my wife and I have been bad! We went to New Orleans over Easter. The week prior to our trip we ate according to our eating plan, but exercise fell off as we were rushing to get things done. Then in NOLA we ate whatever we wanted, we did walk all day, I mean like 10-12 hours of walking the French Quarter. When we got home, the exercise didn’t come back, eating was not so great. We both have held steady at our weight since then. Well up until last week. We got back on our eating plan last Thursday; still no exercise. We needed motivation.

So I found my motivation yesterday. My clothes have kind of been loose for the last month. Someone at work even mentioned I looked like I needed to buy new clothes. My belt was loose, and on its last notch. So I headed to the store last night to get some new jeans. Let me preface to say that the last pair of pants I bought were a size 44. They were just smidge loose. Last night….drum roll….size 38! Seriously, maybe they are a little tight, but they fit. Wow, I’m motivated again! I came into work this morning and everyone was commenting on how nice I looked. I’m even wearing a shirt that I had in the closet which didn’t fit me before. I’m down from a 2-3x to XL-2XL shirt depending on the fit. And on Saturday night we Skyped with my parents and they both commented that we looked thinner. Time to get back on the exercise program today!

Replies

• MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Glad you found your motivation!!! Keep it up~
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    That's great news. Keep it up!
  • LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That is so great!!! It's amazing what will motivate us to keep going. You're well on your way!:happy:
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Sometimes we need a break for our new lifestyles, but then we find that "justification" to get back on the wagon and get it together!!
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great feeling :smile:
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    That is awesome congrats on the new pants :)
  • franic1017
    franic1017 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic.....you've dropped 7 sizes. WAY TO GO. Awesome NSV. Keep up the good work and thanks for being a motivator for me. Can't wait until Thanksgiving to see the b4 and after pics.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!