GENERATING RESULTS 5

Options
week 5 already- where did the time go????

Okay happy short week everyone:flowerforyou:

My goals this week: I just joined the shred challenge- i signed up for 5 times a week, and i will alo commit to walking 3 times, plus two other workout- tennis, or zumba or pilates.

Food- back to logging on everything everyday- and having a fruit or vegetable before every meal or snack- just to be sure i am REALLY hungry. I guess i was not doing so well tracking waht i was eating in my head- the scale was n0t kind to me this am- hopefully its a lot of water retention...

happy Tuesday y'all!!

Replies

• gameset
    gameset Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    week 5 already- where did the time go????

Okay happy short week everyone:flowerforyou:

My goals this week: I just joined the shred challenge- i signed up for 5 times a week, and i will alo commit to walking 3 times, plus two other workout- tennis, or zumba or pilates.

Food- back to logging on everything everyday- and having a fruit or vegetable before every meal or snack- just to be sure i am REALLY hungry. I guess i was not doing so well tracking waht i was eating in my head- the scale was n0t kind to me this am- hopefully its a lot of water retention...

happy Tuesday y'all!!
  • gameset
    Options
    and i am going to restart the 100 pushup challenge- i kinda lost it in week three somewhere....
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    OK I have to ask since I have seen this more then once in posts... What is Zumba?
  • gameset
    Options
    its aerobics meets latin american dancing- like salsa wearing your trainers- you dance an hour away- looking like a fool if you are like me with no sense of rythym!!! way fun a,d a great sweaty workout!!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun... and I also am not exactly the picture of grace... is it on a video?
  • gameset
    Options
    not sure- i do it at my gym.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: Okay, after asking where everybody was, I know I disappeared for two days......:embarassed: I'm sorry.:frown:

We had more company than expected over the weekend (which was great actually!) and I just couldn't find the time to peel myself away from the crowd......excuses, excuses, I know. I didn't log everything, either. I was pretty good at food choices and portion control, though. I'm not gonna dwell on it, just gonna start back over.

Wow to week 5! :bigsmile:
    Cardio 3-4 times, Strength 3, Yoga/Pilates 2-3
    Plan meals so I don't have to worry about what I'm gonna eat. :wink:

Hey gameset, welcome back from your fabulous weekend! Oh, I'm starting my push-up challenge over as well too.
  • gameset
    Options
    hey Soup- how is your no weigh policy going? How do you feel about it, a couple weeks in?
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    hey Soup- how is your no weigh policy going? How do you feel about it, a couple weeks in?

I totally forgot about that! Yes, do tell!
  • heartshapdworld
    Options
    Hello All:

Well, Labor Day Weekend, okay I planned for it but I still went over by 500 calories! What's a girl to do when there is ribs, roast corn, beans, sweet potato fries...so I have deceided not to weight myself on Saturday even thought I was within my maitance calories yesterday. That, I thought, was really good for a Holiday weekend! (I did go on a 3 hour hike with a friend Sunday. I had no idea how many calories burned. I never broke a sweat and felt safe with using the calories for lesiure walk.)

I do feel good about my caloric intake and exercise this weekend. First time in a long time that I have felt good about a Holiday weekend. I wasn't going to be strict with myself at all, because I want this to be a lifestyle. Besides, this is just practice for Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years!!:laugh: I LOVE the Holidays. I would like to say only because of family but I would be lying. I LOVE Holilday food!

My plan today is to limit my food intake a little and workout a little extra to make-up for yesterday. I think this should get me back to good. My Polar F11 should come in the mail this week, as result next week I hope to up my calorie intake because I should have a better gauge of calories burned. I don't like relaying on the gym machines...who knows how old they are and if they are working right.

This week: strength training 4x a week. I really slacked last week, and had to remind myself that muscle burns more calories and takes up less space than fat. Cardio 6x a week. Once I get the HRM, I am also going to include more hiking.
  • soup78
    Options

I totally forgot about that! Yes, do tell!

Hey guys, thanks for asking! Well, to be honest, it's not that hard.

I haven't cheated - AT ALL - and I find that very surprising. And now considering that this past weekend didn't go so well, I'm glad to not weigh-in. More importantly, it's not a habit anymore to jump on the scale first thing in the morning, and that is refreshing.

You'd think the whole scale challenge would be enough incentive to NOT stray and continue with the "new lifestyle".:ohwell: I guess this is the beginning of a new me and it does take time adjust to all the different components -eating, exercising, controlling temptations, and just developing the mindset of a healthier me. I need to find my friend McInches (tape measure) to really see how progress is going. I'll check back later!
  • natalie424
    Options
    gameset.... glad you joined the Shred challenge... I guess we will be Shredding away in September!

heartshapdworld... congrats on a successful holiday weekend! And you will LOVE your HRM. I have an F6, and I love it. Gadgets are great!

soup78... you probably did better than you think over the weekend. Keep up the great work!

Goals this week...

~Shred, Shred, Shred
    ~Walking and stationary bike
    ~Water
    ~Healthy food choices
  • gameset
    Options
    Hey y'all

Well this am was day one of the shred challenge- whew, i almost have enough energy to type a message...

Natalie, you are so motivated- you sure keep me going!!!

i love that we are all making better food choices- hooray us!!!
  • soup78
    Options
    hey, hey, hey!

McInches was very nice to me!!! :bigsmile: Not missing the scale one bit now, oh no!

Today was strength training and yoga. I love yoga days, I feel so goooooood afterwards. :smile:

I'm finding some great new recipes on cookinglight.com, too. Made spicy pork chops on the stove with mango-mint salsa. very yummy and everyone (even our houseguest gineau pig!) loved it! had steamed baby carrots with homemade garlic mashed potatoes. Anyways, I'm having fun creating new healthier dinners.

thanks for the support Natalie! :flowerforyou:
  • gameset
    Options
    Way to go soup!!! That is awesome- i really Must get my mcinches out- i never do that!!!! I am now very interested to see your progress. And - guess what i had planned for dinner- pork chops- maybe i will try thrm your way!!

Keep up th good work,

:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • soup78
    Options
    Way to go soup!!! That is awesome- i really Must get my mcinches out- i never do that!!!! I am now very interested to see your progress. And - guess what i had planned for dinner- pork chops- maybe i will try thrm your way!!

Keep up th good work,

:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

THANK YOU!!! :bigsmile:

Today I'll be cleaning carpets, with one of those big, heavy commercial cleaners at one of the company apartments. I wonder how many calories that will burn......should be good, I always seem to sweat my *ss off! It's an icky rainy day today, so I guess I'll be doing cardio inside (besides the cleaning).

Hey, where's the rest of our group this week? :huh: Maybe the long weekend turned into a vacation week! :laugh: I know I fell off track a bit, but it's never too late to get back on and start generating results!!! :bigsmile:
  • heartshapdworld
    Options
    hey, hey, hey!

McInches was very nice to me!!! :bigsmile: Not missing the scale one bit now, oh no!

Today was strength training and yoga. I love yoga days, I feel so goooooood afterwards. :smile:

I'm finding some great new recipes on cookinglight.com, too. Made spicy pork chops on the stove with mango-mint salsa. very yummy and everyone (even our houseguest gineau pig!) loved it! had steamed baby carrots with homemade garlic mashed potatoes. Anyways, I'm having fun creating new healthier dinners.

thanks for the support Natalie! :flowerforyou:

Pork chops sound really yummy-we do Salmon and Chicken always. The bf doesn't do beef or pork-he doesn't want to spend the money :grumble: On the bright side, I talked him out of switching from chicken breasts to chicken thighs/drumsticks in attempt to save money-narrowly!:noway: That drama is a whole other post. We don't have money problems. Please don't get me started.

I felt good the begining of the week, but became so unmotivated on Tuesday. This is usual for me coming off of a Holiday weekend. It is so difficult for me to get back on track. And then I always blow it by feeling really good about myself, I just tank-or it could be self sabotage. I very much doubt that I will lose anything this week. But I am back on track, I got back on yesterday. So at least the time between wasn't as long as it usually is-shouldn't be too long to do any lasting damage.

The bf is not supportive-he is constantly trying to talk me out of exercise and calorie control. He never comments on my appearance. He doesn't like that I wear make-up, and dress nicely. He use to never be like this-only recently.

I felt so great at the gym yesterday, and I only did my usual. I still struggle with portion control, but at least I can trust myself to make healthy desicions. I don't understand these posts about not being hungry or able to eat the exercise calories?! I mean I could do 3,000 calories a day easy. I don't of course. Eating enough and/or skipping meals has never been my problem. Sometimes I wish it was. I may have an easier time staying within my calories or rather it wouldn't be such a struggle for me.

Oh! I am such a complainer-ignore me! I should be happy to that I can find clothing in my size. I have this client who is having difficulty finding appropiate clothing for job interviews, because of her size. It doesn't help that she has limited funds, so it isn't like she can walk into a Lane Bryant. I am off to meet her at a discount cloths store now. I hope it goes well for her.
  • gameset
    Options
    Okay- i am doing pretty well with my fruit and veggie thing- i am not having them befor eevry meal like i planned, but i have for sure stepped up the amount i am having.

Shred today day two- yikes its tough, but feels great, i could not even pick my dogs up onto my bed this am....

see y'all tomorrow...
  • mhaarhaus
    Options
    Hello all,

I haven't checked in a while but I've been keeping up with most of my goals. This weekend was wonderful, I went to Boston to check up on my son. While there, we went canoing on a beautiful lake... now that is a work out!!! It was fun....I have to say, I haven't had a chance to go to the gym and I miss it. I know it's going to get tougher as I've started back to school and it is exhausting..I have every intention of getting back there beginning tomorrow.

Don't know about the weight...if there is a loss or not...I'm working on inches only for a while.
    MA

83518.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • heartshapdworld
    Options
    Hello All. I am feeling much better :bigsmile: Lately, I have been obessed with french fries (but I have been doing the oven fries and staying within calories), and have noticed that carbs increase the quality of my workouts. I haven't intentionally been on a low-carb diet; it had just worked out that way.

The bf likes rice, so we rarely have any other type of carbs in the house. I don't particularly care for rice, so I go without. I just load up on the veggies. But he, finally, bought potatos, he wants to make Lomo Saltado (but with chicken) and you need potatos. Lomo is a Peruvian dish with beef, peppers, onions, tomatos and french fries mixed in. It is typically served with rice and boiled potatos.

We are having a mini party at work-a party for no reason (the best kind). Luckily for me, the girls are health conscious, and all the goodies are water, fresh veggies, cheese, low-cal crackers and salsa. It is awesome that I can join in, and still be within the calories! :laugh:

Still don't think I will see a weight loss tomorrow. It has been unseasonably warm in the Bay Area, and when it is really hot I retain water. I think I will be kinda okay not seeing the scale move...becaue I have noticed that my cloths are getting big. However, I can't buy anything-the bf thinks it is not important. (I will never ever live with another man so long as I live! Unfortunately, I can't break it off with him yet) I will have to pull out the tape measure and refrain from measuring the waist!