recent period change..question for women

Options
So my periods have always been pretty heavy with bad cramps and would start a few days early every month..which I've heard is normal. I am not on birth control. I tried it once and gained five pounds in 2 weeks along with bad acne & godzilla mood swings.

Since I started my diet a little over a month ago my period went nuts! I started on April 17th, May 1st, and May 14th...all of these being my "normal" heavy periods that last 5 or 6 days. I have heard of athletes missing periods, but mine are coming every two weeks. Can't afford to go to the doc right now so I am looking for advice...anyone else had this problem?

Help! This is miserable :noway:

Replies

• waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. I am so sorry. Have u thought about going to a free clinic or something cheap to get some answers? Try searching online for some help. Good luck
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I know change in diet can screw with your cycle. unfortunately, the only solution for multiple periods a month(that I know of) is BC. I'm sorry I don't have more info, I hope it all levels out for you soon!!
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    That sucks. I would definitely see if there is any way you can possibly see a doctor. I would normally say just let it run its course and everything will probably even out, but you can become severely anemic from something like that. See a doctor - your reproductive health is not something you want to play around with.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    I still sometimes get them 2x a month. I think if you are eating cleaner your body is elimating toxins which could trigger more frquent periods. Take some iron supplements to help
  • roqoru
    roqoru Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Planned Parenthood is a low-cost center for women. As I recall, they do payments based on a sliding scale, so you might try them. They're an excellent resource.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Birth control is probably the answer to your problem. There are a lot of different options out there. One that you tried may not be the solution for you. You'll need to see a doctor for the issue that you are having, but there are hospitals, free clinics and places like Planned Parenthood that can give you cheap or free advice. I even know of a clinic in my area that will give you long term birth control for free (IUDs). Check out the options.
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I have no idea. I am so sorry. Have u thought about going to a free clinic or something cheap to get some answers? Try searching online for some help. Good luck
    This. Planned Parenthood has a slidding scale, so your visit could be free or very inexpensive. Just make an appt so you don't have to be there for 12 hours ;)

Having your period every 2 weeks is not normal, and could be a sign of an underlying issue. Bloodwork and probably a pap are in order.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I would definitely do something to see a doctor. I've never heard of working out and diet changes increasing the amount of periods a woman gets. I've heard of it taking them away for a while or so.
  • Rworthy
    Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've had similar problems - wasted a ton on a doctor who told me it was normal hormone-related. I waited it out and it went back to normal. I would wait and see...
  • shawnateerow
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :ohwell: I will look into that, I just hate going to doctors unless absolutely necessary, but this is scaring me so I guess I will make myself go. It's gotta be some kind of hormonal imbalance from the diet..I just don't understand why I'm having periods more instead of less. *sigh*