If you gain weight........

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose in spurts, but I weigh often (most days). So I only log when I lose. I suppose if I had a gain that lasted (i.e. not just temporary water weight) I would probably log it. But then I'll be happy because I don't think that will happen till I'm at or near the weight I should be.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I log it. I feel that it's important to be honest - it helps to keep you accountable for your over eating, lack of exercise - what ever it may be. I logged a gain this week. Not the end of the world.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I log mine too, it's a minor set back but I liked to be able to look back on it see what went wrong and try not to repeat it.
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I know your not supposed to weigh in everyday, but I do and I log it...up or down.

I used to not log the gains then it was sad to have to wait so long to see a loss. Plus it just helps track your entire journey and either way keeps me wanting to move forward.

If I lose I want to keep up the good work, and if I gain, makes me throw in an extra workout, and eat even better! =)
  • jkatelyns
    jkatelyns Posts: 3
    Options
    I would suggest logging it if it is an official weigh in. I don't like doing the weigh in everyday anyways, I might actually weigh myself in the morning, the moment I wake up to be consistent, but I only do a weigh in every other day. I feel like the point of this site and whatever our goals are is to be completely honest with ourselves.

There are probably several reasons we all gain weight that can be discouraging... one thing is that we are women, so water weight can come on at different times of the month, so don't beat yourself up over that and maybe wait to weigh in until after that. Another is that if you are working out and gaining muscle, that can honestly put on some weight too. So keep that in perspective.

Bottom line though is that if you gained it for the bad reasons, you already know what you might have done wrong and therefore, it is best to be honest and put that out there so you can work harder to get back on track, if you manipulate the weigh in so you see the results you want, then you aren't really benefitting yourself in the long run, just making yourself feel better without real results. I would think it would motivate you to work harder, not make you feel like a failure... so get out there and do your thing girl- we're all here for you and in this together!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I log it - It helps me track trends and patterns better
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I will hop on the scale a few times a week, but really officially weigh on Sunday or Monday a.m.'s. I cut myself no slack in that regard, since Weight Watchers weighed us once a week and danged if they didn't log those gains. Weight watchers didn't do it for me, tho...I was shamed into no longer going, because a real person in front of me logged those gains and I just didn't feel comfortable with that.
  • Tracenspace
    Tracenspace Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's really frustrating because I've been exercising and staying under my calorie goals everyday but the scale has said for over a week that I've gained at least a pound and a half.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I wait until I've lost again and then post that. And I always post that I weigh 1/2 pound more than the scales says to give me a cushion. Petty, I know!! :ohwell:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I weigh all the time so my gains are just the common ups and downs that you get as you go through the week. It always goes back down in a day or two. If I had a real gain I'd probably log it but it kind of depends on why. Like if I'd been away for awhile and gained I would log it and start new.