Cheat Sheet or Decoding Ring?

Options
Is there a cheat sheet or decoding ring to understand all these acronyms ya'll are throwing about? p90x, p90, JM, Turbo Fire, C25K, SBF, HRM.... yadda yadda yadda.

Thanks

Ted

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Power 90, Power 90 Extreme, Jillian Michaels, Turbo Fire by Chalene, Heart Rate Monitor, and I don't know SBF
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    haha someone really should post one.

HRM- Heart Rate Monitor
    p90x/p90- are beach body work out programs
    JM-I believe is Jilliam Michaels
    Turbo Fire- Is also another work out program

I am not sure about SBF
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I can help with a few:

C25K: Couch to 5K (Kilometers) - A really awesome program to get your running by adding a few more minutes of run onto your walk each week. I've done it twice in the past 5 years and would highly recommend it.

HRM: Heart Rate Monitor - A gadget that makes counting calories a heck of a lot easier and more accurate. You need one if you're serious about losing weight!
  • gesikale
    gesikale Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    google it. C25K is a running program (Couch to 5 K) designed to get anyone off the couch and running a 5 k in 9 weeks....I think its 9 weeks. Might be 10.
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    Another common abbreviation:

NSV = Non Scale Victory.
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It definitely takes some getting used to. I either ask the person who posted something or google it to find out. Let me see if I can help you out. P90/P90X are strength training programs that you can buy the DVD online and do at home with weights and chin-up bars. JM is probably Jillian Michaels who has tons of DVDs out there. HRM is heart rate monitor which you can buy at lots of differnet stores, some have a calorie counter too which might be more accurate than the estimates on here. Turbo Fire is a high intensity interval training program that you also buy online or off the TV and usually do at home. C25K stand for Couch to 5K and it uses intervals of walking/running to build you up to running a 5K. SBF might mean 'stupid boyfriend' but it just depends on the context. :)

Also there's
    DH - dear husband
    DW - dear wife
    DD - dear daughter
    DS - dear son
    FB - facebook
    MFP - my fitness pal
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Your post made laugh so much at the use of 'decoding ring'!

It is really confusing but it makes sense eventually. P90x and P90 are a type of workout dvd, JM is Jillian Michaels fitness guru, Turbo Fire is another exercise dvd, c25k is the couch to 5k programme to start people running, SBF I have no idea and HRM is heart rate monitor!

Friend me if you would like support! :)
  • NickiStone
    NickiStone Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    NSV is thrown out there a lot. It is Non Scale Victory.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I don't know SBF, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SBF suggests simulated body fluid!
  • trwagner1
    trwagner1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm used to acronyms thrown all over the place working in the IT industry. I've seem some of these on other forums, like Spark. I can't use Spark at work, too many ads and get nailed on page view counts. Wasn't sure if any of these were unique to My Fitness Pal or were general terms.

Thanks

Ted