Workout Videos for Apartment Living

Options
I live on the second floor of my building, so I'm kinda on edge about doing things like jumps, jumping jacks, stuff like that. I've been doing Slim in 6 for the last three weeks, but I'm getting SO bored with it!! I've been on and off with that DVD for a year now.

Any suggestions? A friend told me that The Crunch dance videos are pretty good. I'd love to hear from anyone who has any ideas for me.

Replies

• learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Most videos with a lot of cardio have "low impact" modifications for every exercise. I did Slim in 6 a while back and also got bored with it, and moved on to Chalean Extreme. I can't recommend it enough! She has 1-2 people in every video demonstrating the modifications, and they keep everything really low, no jumping or pounding on anything.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I don't have any recommendations for dance videos (2 left feet) - but I see there are 3 Crunch Dance videos that are rated low impact: http://www.collagevideo.com/searchresults.aspx?type=all&search=crunch+dance These sound like a good option. These are available at Netflix to "watch instantly."

For low impact I use Leslie Sansone (Walk at Home) - no choreography, no dance - so these might bore you. These are great when you want something "no-brainer"
  • Brihammond
    Brihammond Posts: 29
    Options
    I understand apartment living! :) I don't really limit what I do as far as videos go, but I do go barefoot to reduce the amount of thumping around and I try to do them during daytime hours.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    When I lived above people I used to use a mat to stop the noise, if it's for 20 mins a day (like with the 30DS) then they can suck it up!
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I live on the second floor and ZUMBA when I can. Nobody's complained yet, so I think it's quite safe:smile:
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    I'm writing down ALL of these. Thanks so much for the tips and ideas, and the laughs too (I guess they can suck it up for a half hour really).
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Check out OnDemand from your cable company. I know that both Comcast and Verizon have a great selection of workouts for free.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Oh jeez.... I used to have a guy living above me who (I think) would exercise and it sounded like he was going to come thru my ceiling! So i think it's really nice that you're concerned about the people below you :)

Maybe try and do it when you know they're not home? Or - if that's not possible - maybe knock on their door and let them know there will be some exercise going on for 30 or so mins a day and apologize and hopefully it won't bother them too much? They'll probably be fine with it and just appreciate you letting them know that you're not being inconsiderate by just randomly bouncing around, and that it'll only last for x-amount of mins at a time.

I'm doing the 30 Day Shred right now and for that exact reason I'm SO glad I'm on the bottom floor :)
  • Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    Turbo Jam!
  • KTalada
    KTalada Posts: 47
    Options
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD is low impact, but VERY powerful! I always work up a sweat doing it & although it's not so much of a cardio workout, it balances it out working on building muscle & building endurance. Make sure you get a cheap yoga mat to do it on though as it is challenging and your feet will slide around on carpet.

Good luck! :smile: