Healthy meals at national chains?

Options
2»

Replies

• rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My all-time favorite fast food breakfast meal is the egg and cheese biscuit and McDonalds (no bacon/ham/sausage) I read somewhere that its one of the better things to get at a fast food place!

Hey I think the Egg Mc Muffin at McDonalds is a healthy option too! It's listed on Eat This Not That! Just be aware of the cholesterol.

Just an FYI whenever eating out be watchful of how much Sodium youre getting. I got a Weight Watcher option at Applebees the other night that was low in Calories but had almost a day's worth of Sodium!!! :noway:
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI whenever eating out be watchful of how much Sodium youre getting. I got a Weight Watcher option at Applebees the other night that was low in Calories but had almost a day's worth of Sodium!!! :noway:

Agreed, sodium is almost impossible to avoid when eating out. That's why I was so impressed with the chicken salad wrap at Jason's Deli... only 534mg.

Thanks for all the great ideas!
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    A lot of the meals at Pei Wei end up being about 550 calories, which isn't too shabby for eating out. I like the Sweet & Sour Chicken or Teriyaki Chicken with brown rice.

Also, if you have Paradise Bakery, half of a Turkey Chipotle wrap is only 280. Pair it with soup or a side salad = yummy and not too many calories.
  • h3h8m3
    Options
    I will just kick in that the Savvy Chicken Salad Wrap at Jason's Deli is really quite good. :)
  • h3h8m3
    Options
    I had a great meal at Red Lobster this weekend.

Appetizer: Half of a Chilled Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, 60 cal, .25g fat, 290 sodium, 4.5g carbs
    Garden salad w/ Red wine vinaigrette: 150 cal, 5 fat, 105 sodium, 14 carbs
    Wood Grilled Mahi Mahi with steamed broccoli side: 360 cals, 2g fat, 360 sodium, 7 carbs

Total: 570 calories, 7.25g fat, 755mg sodium, 25.5g carbs.

I walked out of there feeling like I'd had a cheat meal, but was well within my goals for everything!
  • cassma
    cassma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wendy's also has the half-size salad options - so any of their salads (BLT Cobb, Baja, Caesar, Apple Pecan) are doable. They also have a Berry Almond Chicken Salad now for summer. Most of the half-size salad options are in the MFP database too.
  • h3h8m3
    Options
    bump
  • mrstyler
    mrstyler Posts: 43
    Options
    At Chipotle, you can also get a bowl, which will cut our the approximately 180 calories that come from a tortilla, if you want. You can add lettuce then. Its quite tasty that way.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jcannon15
    Options
    i kno taco bell is LOADED with sodium but in a pinch the fresco bean burrito has 360 cal and the fresco hard taco is 180cal i havent tried anything else on the fresco menu.