Cheap? Healthy? Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• bblythe1
    bblythe1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would say start your own garden and grow your own veggies. I found at Meijer right now you can get 4-7 tomatoe plants for $1.00 juust look them over and alot of time you can find 2 of them growing in same container, 4 green pepper plants for $1.00, 4 jalapeno plants for $1.00, and so on...a pack of green beans for $1.00 and that lets you grow about 12-15 plants. This is really cheap and good for you. You can can your own and save them through out the rest of the year to have plenty for later. If you are looking for a meat with high protein I would look for chicken thighs under $1.00 or ground turkey for about $1.50 a pound. Buy floor and make your own noodles. 2 cups of flour, 4 eggs salt and pepper add a little water and roll them out and cut with a knife to how ever big you would like them. This makes alot of noodles and what ever you do not eat you can freeze before cooking them. I hope this helps you out I know I dont have much money and I never go hungry and burned out on ramen noodles since I was a kid and it was the only thing that was a quick fix for after school.

Good Luck :)
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Try this site:

http://www.mealsmatter.org/

Good luck, I understand exactly how it is.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options