Funny/Interesting Childhood nicknames

Options

Replies

• Angiebug1969
    Angiebug1969 Posts: 152
    Options
    My Grandmother nicknamed me "Angiebug" when I was little... my family still calls me that!

My hubby jokingly & endearingly calls me Quai Lo!! HAHAHA... cute little joke between us :blushing:
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I loved reading these... so funny and cute!

Mine was initially "Wee" since I was so little and then it turned into "Wheezer" because I was hospitalized at age 7 for a tracheal infection that cause wheezing. Thanks Mom & Dad! I also got "Wiggy" because when I was 3 I had asked for "wiggy tails" instead of "piggy tails". If those are bad... my kids nicknames are even worse. My son's name is Mason and he has a few: Masaroonies, Roonie, or Roonington. Poor kid is doomed for life! My Daughter's nicknames aren't that bad ;)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Lorina the Ballerina. When I learned to walk, I walked on tippie-toes. I wonder if that's why I do so well in sky-high heels now? :laugh:

Also, Oolie, because I couldn't pronounce Lori. :embarassed:
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Giggles
    Binny
    Kat (yuck!)
    Katie, Kait, Kaits... (depending on how many other Kaitlins were around...although now I only go by Kait...sooo it's an adult nickname too?)
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My sister has always called me "J" so her kids picked up on it and I'm "Uncle J"

When in high school I was really shy so my best friends gave me the nick name "Beef" to try to get me out of my shell.

At first I hated it and decided it would pass eventually but it didn't and to this day when I see someone from my school days they still call me "Beef"

I used to have some Mickey Mouse ears with "Beef" stitched into the back but I lost them.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Toonie. I had a stuffed raccoon named Coonie so we were Coonie and Toonie.
    Lucy. My mom still calls me this.
    Aly because there were a thousand Ashley's. A couple of friends still call me it.
    My hubby calls me Panda. They're my favorite animals and I'm a little obsessed with 'em.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I've been called:

"Little Bob" --My Mom used to call me that because I took after my dad.
    "lard bucket" --My Dad used to call me that. (This is the only place I would ever admit this.)
    "bullfrog" -- was what the boys in 4th grade called me
    "Martha Ann" -- my first and middle names, by my extended family in the south.

Thankfully, only the last one stuck.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    My family always called me Tasha growing up so my brother called me Toshiba. :grumble: I hated it! :explode:

I didn't have a nickname in Highschool really but I was verbed. I was so clumsy that if someone hurt themselves or did something clutsy they'd say 'Did you pull a Tasha' or if someone was on the verge of it...they'd say 'Don't pull a Tasha!' :grumble:
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    Gumby....i'm double jointed....lol....
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    shelly belly. name is michelle, and i was chunky. and michelle my bell per the song.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    An older kid down the street used to call me "burrito".
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    boomboom
    as a child i loved to do the cheer firecracker firecracker boom boom boom. My sweet uncle called me Shelly "BoomBoom". His sons aka my evil cousins said "you have that nick name cause when you walk down the hall the floor goes "boomBoom".

P.S. I was quite the chubbutha as a kid.
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My parents and teachers always called me "you little *kitten*".
    LOL, too funny!
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    My sister has always called me by my middle name, Michael. I don't know why. So I just always got variations from them like Mikey, Spikey Paul Mikey cause I used to have spikey hair, and Michael Motorcycle.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Scooby......cause when I get excited or exaggerated apparently my eyes get super big like the cartoon character does when he gets scared. I dunno, but it stuck.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My grampy called me Boots.
    My mom and dad called me Betsy.
    I loved both nicknames :)
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Fesse is my current nickname

But my family and close friends call me Shon (Shawn)

I was also called Taz (as in Tasmanian Devil) because I talk and do things very quickly. LOL
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Mine was "no". "no" don't throw your toys, "no" don't hit your sister, "no" don't eat dirt, "no", "no". :laugh: I think I have passed it down to my little girls now :tongue:

:laugh:
  • teetees40
    teetees40 Posts: 30
    Options
    My daddy always called me Blondie....but as an adult, my two nephews can't say Christy (They are under the age of 3) so they narrowed it down to just "TEE" and it has stuck for a couple of years. I LOVE it! Makes me feel special.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Hahah where do i start.

Hoho(as in Santa's hoho..not you know)
    Bitzel
    Cochroach...sad i know
    Britches (i HATE THAT NAME)
    Sunshine
    Freckles