Has anyone else seen the movie, "Fat Head"?

Options
I really enjoyed Tom Naughton's low-budget "Fat Head" movie. Has anyone else seen it? The part about cholesterol was particularly helpful to me - I've never been able to keep LDL and HDL straight (i.e. "Which is which again? What does it do?").

Before I completely embrace the concepts in the film, I'm doing some research... which also includes coming out here and getting input from others who have seen the film and/or tried any of the suggestions therein.

Thank you to anyone who is willing to share their views on this!

K

Replies

• igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I did see that film. I was a little annoyed with his interpretation of Super Size me. However, I do think that some of the points he made were quite interesting. It was nice to see a visual aid and also hear about how carbs go into the body. I actually went to my doctor, asked her what I should be eating and I was surprised that she went against the government approved advice of lots of grains. She told me lots of vegetables and protein.

I think his documentary could have been more powerful if he wasn't so sarcastic. Overall I'd say it should be taken with a grain of salt, however I'd love to see more research done on fat intake.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yep, I made a thread about this a few weeks ago too. Since the movie, I've been paying extra attention to my carbs and sugar. Right now, I'm doing calorie cycling for another week so I'm not watching it right now, but when I'm done I'll go back to it.

Good movie and informative.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I watched the movie. It was an interesting take on the whole "fast food diet" concept. And I do agree with it to a point. A diet higher in protein is better, and fat isn't always bad for you. But I also avoid fast food because the high sodium level isn't good for you at all. It kills all my efforts on the scale. I just stick to low sodium, but higher protein and I see better results.
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I watched the movie. It was an interesting take on the whole "fast food diet" concept. And I do agree with it to a point. A diet higher in protein is better, and fat isn't always bad for you. But I also avoid fast food because the high sodium level isn't good for you at all. It kills all my efforts on the scale. I just stick to low sodium, but higher protein and I see better results.

I agree, this movie had a lot of good points but it wasn't going to keep me eating certain fast foods just because I could still lose weight during the process. Sodium is tough for me to control even when I'm not eating fast food so that's the only thing I didn't really agree with. I have been trying to pay more attention to the low glycemic list of foods when eating though.