Replies

• joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump. will read later.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I will be happy to ask. It may be a few days before I see her again. I will let you know what she says. Most of this is built off of a career in nutrition, but I'm sure she would have access to some recent studies.

Thanks!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this reminder! For those who'd like more information, one of other MFPals reported back al the information she learned during her 3 hour-long consults with a dietician in March. you can read what she learned by scrolling through this thread here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/210249-consult-with-a-dietician-key-lessons-learne
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    She also said that people will argue with her about it because they are losing weight, and losing it fast. What is the primary side effect of this? REBOUND weight gain. When they experience the rebound weight gain they come to her and ask for help. That's why fad/shock/HCG/cleanse diets don't work long term. They don't teach the body how to properly maintain it's metabolism.

While I agree with most of what you've posted... you should not have included the HCG diet in your statement. BECAUSE of the HCG, your body WON'T use muscle for energy.

I should add... I DO NOT promote the HCG diet. I just wanted the information presented to be correct!
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    thanks for that post :)

I work in secondary health care I know what you're saying about the low priority nutrition gets :(. I work with kids and it is continually frustraighting when money and budget controlls what type of C#$% our kids get for meals. Yet we're expected to promote health and nutrition ... it's a joke.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Great to know!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    love to do the bump.........:flowerforyou:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    While I agree with most of what you've posted... you should not have included the HCG diet in your statement. BECAUSE of the HCG, your body WON'T use muscle for energy.

I should add... I DO NOT promote the HCG diet. I just wanted the information presented to be correct!

I have no idea what an HCG diet is, so I just Googled it. This came up:

http://www.hcgdietdrops.org/hcg-diet-for-weight-loss/why-is-500-calories-not-a-starvation/

WTF?? 500 cals a day, and lose 20-40lbs in 2-3 weeks. This sounds absolutely horrendous and unhealthy. Not to mention smacking of BS. Surely this is sensationalism?