Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

middle aged mom hoping to get it right this time :)

NWfluffy
NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
So I'm the heaviest I've ever been non-pregnant and not loving it! Hoping this web site will make it easier to track everything - looking forward to the recipe calculator. Tracking calories while cooking for the family has always been hard. Looking to connect with some other moms out there - being home where all the food is and no one is watching during the day presents its own challenges!

Replies

• Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    It is hard! I've found I eat much differently than the rest of my family, also because I don't eat meat and they do. Once or twice a week I'll make myself a large pan of something when I'm making other food so I have it on hand to either eat as a meal or to supplement my meals when I'm eating with them. That has helped me so far.
  • dstackable
    dstackable Posts: 48
    Hi! I've been on here for a couple of months now. It seems like I have some of the same struggles as you. I work from home. I try to buy the kids healthy snacks and snacks that I don't like. You could also buy you some snacks that aren't so bad for you, then grab those instead of the other stuff. It has seemed to help me. The database here for food is amazing, that is what I like so far. Good luck!
  • NWfluffy
    NWfluffy Posts: 48 Member
    It's nice to hear I'm not alone. Right now I'm having baby carrots & left over pork chop for lunch :happy: The snack thing kills me - all the kids have dad's metabolism (90th percentile height, 50th weight) so what's good for them has lots of calories to keep up with their busy athletic lifestyles. And will power is not my strong suit!
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    I hear you on the being home all day and having no one to watch you :P My 4 kids are all 5 and under and won't tell :) I have founds that I try not to buy them snacks that i willnot eat if they will sabatage my diet...or at least ones that aren't as calorie loaded...like 90 calorie fruit snacks...and have actually changed their snacks to healthier ones b/c they see me eating better....I am hoping to get it right this time around too...I was heavier after my last baby than i was at the end of my pregnancy with my first!!! There is lots of support here!!!!! add me as a friend if you want!
  • fluffyinny
    fluffyinny Posts: 23
    Hi NWfluffy I am fluffyinNY and a middle aged mom!
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Welcome! A lot of us are in the same boat. I have been on here a month & a half and just love it. This site has been so helpful. Also, if you have a smartphone the app is SO helpful! I discovered the app first and then went on the website and it has been so much easier having both of those. Even if you don't have the app, though, I know you will be successful if you keep it up on here! Feel free to add me, I need more friends!!

:flowerforyou: