Night Shift

boogirlsmom
boogirlsmom Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone, I'm new and I am wondering if anyone has any advice or tips on what to do when working 12 hour night shifts and trying to loose weight. I go to the gym 3-4 days a week(cardio and strength training) but I just can't seem to eat right . Just when my body adjusts the the night schedule, i have 4 days off eating during the daytime then back to the same repeating cycle. I am getting discouraged.

Replies

• Hey everyone, I'm new and I am wondering if anyone has any advice or tips on what to do when working 12 hour night shifts and trying to loose weight. I go to the gym 3-4 days a week(cardio and strength training) but I just can't seem to eat right . Just when my body adjusts the the night schedule, i have 4 days off eating during the daytime then back to the same repeating cycle. I am getting discouraged.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Hi Boogirlsmom,

Do you have a kitchenette where you can heat/prepare your own food? Or a refrige to store some meals?

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • edidri6
    edidri6 Posts: 15 Member
    I spent years working out really hard but never really getting the results I was after. Sure I got strong and somewhat muscular, but it was always covered with a nice layer of flab! It wasn't until my wife started packing my meals according to the P90X phases (diet plan) and I carefully watched eveyrthing I eat that I really started noticing the changes. Oh yeah, I work rotating shifts and have calls at all hours of the day and night.

My best advice is to take all your food with you to work (yes you'll need a big lunch box)! Plan ahead and closely follow your plan.

One last thing, give yourself a cheat day every once in a while and eat anything you want that day, then move towards a cheat meal rather than a entire day. Now mind you, these are both occassionally, no more than once a week. Stay strict with your diet the remaining days and you're sure to see the results. Oh yeah, set reasonable caloric boundaries, if you starve yourself, it will not work. myfitnesspal works great for all this!

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.