pity party in progress

mamakathy
mamakathy Posts: 130
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
I just can't seem to stay focused lately. This past week has been a real challenge food wise. I've made some poor choices and consequently haven't seen any change in the scale. I need 1,496,302 reasons to stick it out :tongue: I usually am extremely motivated for me but just can't find my inspiration. waaaa, waaaa, waaa

Replies

• justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    So that you can keep running c25k with me!! :) I look at you doing it and it makes me want to get off my bum and do it too! I've eaten some bad food the last few days. We can't be perfect everyday! We just have to take stock and start again and you can do it because you are a strong woman! x
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    I just can't seem to stay focused lately. This past week has been a real challenge food wise. I've made some poor choices and consequently haven't seen any change in the scale. I need 1,496,302 reasons to stick it out :tongue: I usually am extremely motivated for me but just can't find my inspiration. waaaa, waaaa, waaa

I take that time to look over the sucess stories thread....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/241723-50lbs-lost-progress-pics
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Why the pity party? You're only human - as are the rest of us. Some days/weeks are extremely hard...but you know what? You CAN do it! Don't waste time feeling bad - get up and get back to it so you feel better! Exercise releases feel good hormones - so go make your mouth and your heart smile! :heart:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Once I hit my 23 pounds lost mark, I lost all motivation and started eating anything I wanted, and in no time gained 13 pounds of it back. That was in March. Well, now I am in May struggling to get that and more off once again. In order to lose weight and keep it off it needs to be a lifestyle change forever. Just remember "I will not give up what I want most of all for what I want for the moment". Food will come and go, but being physically fit you can enjoy forever(as long as you work to get there and work to stay there). Read a good weight loss book, that may help. It usually does me, gets me motivated and ready to get going. That's what has gotten me back in gear. Good luck to you and I hope I can be of some support.
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Thanks everybody! I know I can do this, I've just got to get my head back in the game.

Love this quote
    "I will not give up what I want most of all for what I want for the moment".
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    What a bummer - you have been doing so well.

When this happens to me I sit down with a piece of paper and start writing down the things that is stopping me from achieving my goals - and then what cam I change, put in place to address them.

Do you have before and after pics - take them every month - for me it is a very powerful motivator.....
This discussion has been closed.