turbo jam

Options
i received my turbo jam dvd's in the mail today and im sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to try them. BUT, how do i log them in MFP under my exercise? its the "5 rockin workout" one with the 5 different workouts. its learn and burn, cardio party, turbo sculpt, abs and 20 minute. does anyone know how i would log those? thanks!!!

Replies

• mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump :(
  • aross999
    aross999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you type in 'kickboxing', someone has entered something that says 'Kickboxing (including Turbo Jam)' I always used that :)
  • timeformajorchange
    Options
    I would say if it's the Turbo Sculpt, I'd put that under weight training. The others, I would do as aross suggested. :) You probably won't burn as many calories with the weight training as you will with the cardio ones.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I log mine under Kickboxing (inc Turbo Jam). I do worry sometimes the calories burned seems rather high, but if you have a HRM you can always compare and see how close it is.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    BTW, Turbo Jam is awesome, IMO!!!! It makes me actually enjoy sweating and working out, which is not easy to do! LOL
  • timeformajorchange
    Options
    I log mine under Kickboxing (inc Turbo Jam). I do worry sometimes the calories burned seems rather high, but if you have a HRM you can always compare and see how close it is.

This is exactly what I've done. I have a Polar F4 monitor, and when I'm out of shape (like I am now, just starting back into the exercise) I find that I actually burn a rather significant amount MORE than what the trackers said (at one point it was a difference of 130cals!), and once I've been doing it for a little while, I burn a rather significant amount LESS than what it says I have (I think the biggest difference was about 80 cals). So I always rely on my HRM to get an accurate count, but I do think the trackers are a good tool to get a general idea of what you burn. Just don't take them to be 100% accurate because they won't be. :)