Making better choices

Options
This weekend I'm sitting at my friends house and she says.."lets go to Red Lobster, I'm paying"
My first instinct is to cringe at those words. I had very few calories left for the day and my meal planed with in that allowance. Red Lobster didnt fit in my plan for the day. I agreed to go and be a good sport.
Looking over the menu, I eliminate the chocolate chip lava cookie thats VERY GOOD and I decided that the Alfredo pastas chicken and steak platter isn't a good idea. I also passed on the nice biscuits because I know myself and Id eat a basket or two of those. I opted for a salad with no cheese or dressing only chicken and sour cream. Red Lobster is not the resturant to choose if you want salad choices. At the end of the night. I was very proud of myself. It feels good to have not over eaten for once and feel guilty or worried about if I sabotaged my weight loss efforts.

I'm:smile: learning to make better choices and train my friends that this is my goal. Not all are on the wagon or as supportive as I'd like. But such is life:smile:

Replies

• destinationparadise
    Options
    Great job!! It is hard to make healthy choices when eating out so be proud!!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    What amazing strength you have to deny the biscuits. I am super impressed!
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow! You Rock!
  • davidgillanders
    Options
    Good job, definitely the part I struggle with the most. I just try to think before I put anything in my mouth and question the options, necessity, and consequences. It's hard to train yourself to do that!
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'd chose the cheddar biscuits over the salad ;).