Newbie... Well Sort of...

Options
I have been on MyFitnessPal since last year some time but am only now trying to be really actively participating marking my food and excercising. Hoping to meet others along the way. Maybe even some local people so we can walk in this journey together?

Replies

• veriviki
    veriviki Posts: 44
    Options
    Haha, I'm in the same boat. I always start tracking my food/exercise for a week or two then just stop. I'm determined to stick with it this time!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I started tracking my calorie consumption lately. I couldn't believe how many calories I was consuming. I have now significantly reduced my intake. Whenever I feel I pigged out, I can always workout more and track my calories burned. That always makes me feel good like I accomplished something.
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    I will be honest, at totally stink at tracking calories, etc.... I have so much going on that I am just preparing the foods, that i 'know' are good choices... I know there are things that are tricky as far as calories go... but i just suck at writing things down!!

I know that I eat "ok" i need to exercise A LOT more than I currently am, AND i need to do a major increase in my Water intake.

My walking buddy is in my signature!! She's the best, no complaints ,and she will just keep on going and not slow me down. If anything, she speeds me up!! LOL
  • waster196
    waster196 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You didn't say; where is local? :)
  • veriviki
    Options
    I don't even want to think about how many calories I would consume in a day before I started tracking! :P

The reply button doesn't seem to want to work for me, that was in reply to FeverRN.
  • journey2lh
    journey2lh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oops! I completely forgot to put what local is... :) Thank's for the catch @waster196 local for me is Seattle area. But regardless meeting new people supporting each other is a huge thing for me at this time. :) Thanks all for your encouraging words. It's been 2 weeks and I've seen great progress but it's been a very different road restricting the amount of food and even the types of food.

Finding the strength... how do you find it?
  • veriviki
    Options
    I have just been reminding myself that I need to make changes in my lifestyle now while I am still young and healthy. The longer you put it off the harder it will be. Also, If you make changes now you will be able to dramatically reduce your risk of developing diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension ect. You need to think about your future and how you want to live the rest of your life, not just the next few weeks or months :)