Motivation Challenge

Options
Fenyx
Fenyx Posts: 87 Member
Hey guys! Hope everyone is reaching towards their goals and finding success! Today I was perusing through the forums and checking in on my friends and giving each a little helpful comment to hopefully boost them. While doing this I realized that, even though my friends are great people, I rarely hear from a large number of them. As an upbeat person this doesn't seriously bug me, but I know that it can make some upset when they feel their friends don't notice their progress or help motivate them when they feel they've done bad. So, my proposal is to have a Motivation Challenge this week. I want people to make an effort to write, or respond, to at least 5 friends a day on their progress, food, exercise, etc in a way that you feel will make them proud of their accomplishment, motivated to continue or correct, and confident in their goals and friends. If you want, you can even respond in this post about how your friendly motivation went over with your friends =). Sometimes, motivating others can help to motivate ourselves as well, so if you see this happen feel free to tell me about it! Have a good one guys!

Replies

• dianeensey
    dianeensey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is a really great idea! Count me in!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Love this idea.
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I feel the same! i log most of my diary on my phone during the day but at night i check in on my computer and comment. I feel silly but the feedback from others helps my motivation and commitment! Its a little fustrating when your friends list grows and the support doesn't. i'm a softy and haven't yet deleted friends that aren't active but it crosses my mind. Some of my friends have been super supportive and issue exercise ideas/challenges,recipes,food brands.etc. They are a big part to my success and my Thanks go to them!!! I think i'll participate in this challenge by posting motivation comments on the message boards- i read/lurk more than giving support and thanks there.
    So thanks for posting this topic that really hit home with me! Keep up the good work!
    3697427.png
  • Fenyx
    Options
    I'm glad that I could reach you guys on this =). I'm going to do this myself, make that extra effort to help my friends and MFP members get motivated and feel proud when they hit those goals! lol I'm a softie too, so I understand where you're coming from Aantone. I was inspired to write this challenge because I realized how motivating others has helped to motivate myself. I actually work harder because I know if I don't I can't possibly be credible when I try to tell my friends that they can do this too!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Count me in! And friend me.

My goal this week is 500 cals burned exercising 6 days. I travel and eat out a lot for business. At a 1200 cal limit, I have to exercise to get enough to eat. I need a buddy/ies to keeps accountable though.

How can I support others?
  • Fenyx
    Options
    Absolutely! I am more than happy to have more friends, I've enough in me to give support! Supporting others can be as simple as a "great job" on exercise or food diary, or even helpful tips you've found to help them when they hit snags. It's all about lifting others up when they feel they don't have the strength to stand on their own =)
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great way to spread the positive motivation around let's do it!