Only have 195 calories left to eat!!!

Options
sashalarue
sashalarue Posts: 40 Member
OMG.....i can't believe i only have 195 calories left to eat. Now i missed my power walk today during lunch because it was going to rain but never really did. I will be in the gym tonight to bump up my calories so i can have at least a nice salad afterwards. I have to learn to go half of somethings. When i went over my meals for today...it was certain foods that were high in calories but not bad, example: Avocado, oatmeal, so it wasn't like i was eating a cheesesteak or McDonalds....what do you do to spread it out. I like to have at least 500-600 calories left for dinner...But now i know i have to put in work in the gym tonight!!!

Replies

• christina_michelle
    Options
    check my diary.
    Smaller meals are better!
  • tarheelgrl32
    tarheelgrl32 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    try to eat 5 smaller meals a day and you wont be starving. i try to aim for about 60mins of workout a day so that gives me a little more cals to work with
    :smile:
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    i was gonna say what christina said
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I never grasp this concept... My minimum is 1200 per day but I cant net it.. however what could top up your calories Iis a lovely glass of red...
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    I have to plan ahead. I set my menu at night for the next day. That way if i go over I know exactly how many calories I need to burn to get outta the hole! Hope this helps, good luck!
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    I have to plan ahead. I set my menu at night for the next day. That way if i go over I know exactly how many calories I need to burn to get outta the hole! Hope this helps, good luck!

woo hoo! YES plan ahead (-:
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    have a vegetarian omeletee. 1 egg is only 70 calories,and you can mix it with water instead of mil. Then you can add as many veggies as you want to it and maybe a dash of shredded parm on top. Top it with salsa for some extra flavour.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Definitely small portions. It's tough at the beginning because you might be used to larger meals, but once you get used to smaller meals and a low calorie snack or two, it'll be easier to stay in budget. For now I would recommend lots of planning...try to construct your meals the night before so you know you'll stay within the limit and do your best to stick with it the next day.
  • cookiejones
    cookiejones Posts: 104
    Options
    I really try to bulk up my meals with greens. Tonight I'm going to have a cup of chili on tons of romaine lettuce and chopped greens. That usually does the trick for me. Whatever I'm eating, I try to eat with a ton of low fat veggies.
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    When you plan ahead, have a contingency meal in mind if you miss your workout and can't eat those extra calories. For example, if I don't workout I'll have a smoothie for breakfast instead of bananas or I'll swap out my dinner for a frozen meal with 300 calories.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey with sauteed onions and spinach
    3 oz ground turkey = 120 calories
    3 cups spinach = 20 calories
    1/4 cup sauteed onions = 38 calories
    Total = 178
  • sitstaygimmeeakiss
    sitstaygimmeeakiss Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What cookiejones said+ what tinaswt said = a very filling, satisfying meal. (big green salad plus a low-fat turkey burger. mmm)

Great suggestions all around - esp. planning ahead - all should help. My weekend meals were spoiled by crap - not your run-of-the-mill McD's crap, but lots of good, healthy veggies & fruits that I messed up w/and had to throw the excess away (believe me, it was that bad). Wasn't filling, and I ended up pigging out on too much 'healthy' snack foods (too much carbs & sodium - I have high blood pressure, so I need to watch the sodium).

Try to plan ahead, but don't be too hard on yourself, too. :)
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I had pitta pizza for dinner - pitta is 120 calories so if you can make your toppings 75 calories (easy, stick to veg and a small amount of low fat cheese) you're sorted and it's a visually big meal which helps make you feel full.