Getting ahead of myself.. but

Options
So this eating well, cooking well, exercising thing seems to be sinking in finally (I hope!) and before I realized it, I had made 3 recipes from my new cookbook over the weekend! (prior to now I've "Never had the time" to cook) I actually did Really well over the weekend, which is the toughest part of eating right for me. I'm stoked!! I'm hoping it's all going to become habit before too long and I won't even have to really think about it.

And then my mind starts to think... ugh (why does it do that?? lol). Once all of this becomes habit, I'm going to have to retrain myself to up my caloric intake for maintenance, huh? Once my stomach and body gets used to 1200 calories per day... I'm going to have to try and squeeze in an extra 800 calories! That's a lot!

Has anyone successfully maintained after weight loss? Was it hard to do? What are some tips that I can kind of keep in the back of my head for when I actually get to that point, so that I don't sabotage myself now?

Replies

• whoskski
    whoskski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that once you eat the same amount, say 1200 calories, for long enough your body will adjust and that's how many you will need for the day. A thinner person needs less calories to stay alive. If you go up to eating the same, say 2000, calories again, you will adjust and gain weight again. Your dietitian may put you back up a few hundred calories, but that will be easy as you only will eat a little more. I wouldn't worry about losing too much weight until that really seems like an issue.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    shouldnt be that hard to toss in an extra 800 calories a day to maintain... Im just thinking of all the times id love a snickers or a blueberry muffin or something that i wont eat on my diet that ill be able to have once and awhile when i reach goal
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am by no means at my maintenance weight BUT I'm thinking that by then it will be just part of my lifestyle to eat healthier meals and regularly get exercise. I will probably allow for more indulgences here and there (small ones), but when it comes to making this a healthy lifestyle rather than just a diet- this is what will keep you at your maintenance weight. Finding out where you can add more calories in a healthy way once you are there.