No Sodium and good, too! Frosted Mini-Wheats

Options
I just had to share this delicious find with you guys!

I just had a serving of Cinnamon Streusal Frosted Mini-Wheats for lunch. I just got home from the store and had to try them. I had read that they were Sodium-Free, which they are! And, I will share that they are DELICIOUS!

I didn't even have to add any sweetener or honey to them--they were good to go as is.

AND NO SODIUM! THAT'S RIGHT--NO SODIUM!! NONE, ZIP,NADA, NOTHING!

The carbs are a little high--44 per serving--but they've got decent fiber, too, and 1 serving filled me up.

I also found out that Shredded Wheat has no sodium, so got some of that, too.

Now to see what they do to my Blood glucose levels. 23_29_107v.gif

I'm hoping I do ok with them--I think I will since I need more carbs now that I'm exercising so much.

I just really want to cut back on the sodium now, too, and Cheerios had too much per serving.

Servings: of 24 biscuits (1.8 ounces)
Calories 180
Sodium 0 mg
Total Fat 1 g
Potassium 180 mg
Total Carbs 44 g
Dietary Fiber 5 g
Sugars 12 g
Protein 4 g

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I just had to share this delicious find with you guys!

I just had a serving of Cinnamon Streusal Frosted Mini-Wheats for lunch. I just got home from the store and had to try them. I had read that they were Sodium-Free, which they are! And, I will share that they are DELICIOUS!

I didn't even have to add any sweetener or honey to them--they were good to go as is.

AND NO SODIUM! THAT'S RIGHT--NO SODIUM!! NONE, ZIP,NADA, NOTHING!

The carbs are a little high--44 per serving--but they've got decent fiber, too, and 1 serving filled me up.

I also found out that Shredded Wheat has no sodium, so got some of that, too.

Now to see what they do to my Blood glucose levels. 23_29_107v.gif

I'm hoping I do ok with them--I think I will since I need more carbs now that I'm exercising so much.

I just really want to cut back on the sodium now, too, and Cheerios had too much per serving.

Servings: of 24 biscuits (1.8 ounces)
    Calories 180
    Sodium 0 mg
    Total Fat 1 g
    Potassium 180 mg
    Total Carbs 44 g
    Dietary Fiber 5 g
    Sugars 12 g
    Protein 4 g
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    You're already having lunch and I'm just now having breakfast!:laugh: I hope the Cinnamon Struesal tastes better than the Blueberry Frosted. I didn't too much care for those. It tasted like blueberry flavored hay:laugh: I bit off all the tops (the frosted side) and threw the bottoms away!

Hope you're having a WONDERFUL day so far!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered those flavored Frosted Mini Wheat cereals too. Love em! :heart:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Shore! I'm game for trying anything that's NO sodium or very low!:flowerforyou: