I'M SOOO DAMN FRUSTRATED!!

Options
2»

Replies

• JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you're a physical trainer, I would expect you to know that muscles weigh more than fat. At a certain point of exercising you begin to gain weight. Gaining weight is not a bad thing if you're losing inches and looking good.

Actually muscle DOESN'T weigh more than fat it is DENSER than fat, I understand that and see inches lost is a great thing... I guess I'm just tired of the "this is what you NEED to weigh" mentality and trying to figure out why I don't.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I would suggest taking a rest day and eating ALL of your calories. Sounds like to me your body is resisting all that activity and you aren't providing enough fuel.

^^ Totally agree
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    let's get down and dirty with your nutrition JPayne.

You need to ask yourself some tough quesitons.

like:

Have I set the correct weekly goal for my current situation?

Have I set a reasonable goal for my total weight?

Am I eating the RIGHT calories?

Forget about how much exercising you are doing, that's wonderful and all, but exercise doesn't lose weight, nutrition loses weight, exercise simply keeps you strong and healthy so you can lose weight with your nutrition.

Start by giving your statistics.
    I.E. Height, Weight, activity level (although we have a decent idea already), any medical conditions, body fat % if you know it, Waist to Hip Ratio if you don't, what your goals are...etc. anything you think might be relevant.

Okay, so my question is.. do I reset my caloric intake for my lifestyle weekly? I'm tracking.. Fat, Protein, Carbs, Fiber, and Sodium... the one thing I make sure I am ALWAYS under is sodium.. so I don't now if water retention is a factor..

I am 5' 1" @ 145lbs..I'm a medium framed mesomorph, Chest 38, Waist 32, Hips 36, my body fat is a whopping 28.9%... I work 8 hours a day at a desk and 2 hours a day at a local gym as a personal trainer (5 days of the week) I usually workout with my clients for an hour (this is how I get my workouts in most days).. I head home for a good meal of mostly lean meat and raw veggies, I've even been tracking my sleep cycle thinking that could be throwing my off.. 7 hours a night for the past 2 months and that's been steady, not on any medications other than birth control, was diagnosed with a heart murmur when born but doesn't bother any of my daily living tasks... In high school I was 117 lbs. I know I won't ever be that thin and don't want to be, my realistic goal is 130 lbs. by sometime in my 20's!! WHAT THE HELL AM I MISSING!!! I'm a personal trainer and just got certified as a nutritionist... I just don't get it?????

what is the weekly goal you have set? I.E. what is your daily net calorie deficit set at?

EDIT

I ask because at your numbers, without knowing anything more about you, I would say your net deficit should be around 400 to 600 max, probably closer to 400 than 600. If you're letting your deficit go higher, then no matter how hard you exercise, you're probably going to have trouble losing weight. I have some very highly correlated theories on this, I can explain deeper if you like, but I'd rather not get into it until I know your deficit.

Have you ever had your metabolic rate tested? If not, we can just go by calculated averages, but if that's the case, then you'll probably have to go through a month or so of tweaking to get your deficit exactly right (although we could get lucky and hit your RMR on the first try, it happens some times).
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    let's get down and dirty with your nutrition JPayne.

You need to ask yourself some tough quesitons.

like:

Have I set the correct weekly goal for my current situation?

Have I set a reasonable goal for my total weight?

Am I eating the RIGHT calories?

Forget about how much exercising you are doing, that's wonderful and all, but exercise doesn't lose weight, nutrition loses weight, exercise simply keeps you strong and healthy so you can lose weight with your nutrition.

Start by giving your statistics.
    I.E. Height, Weight, activity level (although we have a decent idea already), any medical conditions, body fat % if you know it, Waist to Hip Ratio if you don't, what your goals are...etc. anything you think might be relevant.

Okay, so my question is.. do I reset my caloric intake for my lifestyle weekly? I'm tracking.. Fat, Protein, Carbs, Fiber, and Sodium... the one thing I make sure I am ALWAYS under is sodium.. so I don't now if water retention is a factor..

I am 5' 1" @ 145lbs..I'm a medium framed mesomorph, Chest 38, Waist 32, Hips 36, my body fat is a whopping 28.9%... I work 8 hours a day at a desk and 2 hours a day at a local gym as a personal trainer (5 days of the week) I usually workout with my clients for an hour (this is how I get my workouts in most days).. I head home for a good meal of mostly lean meat and raw veggies, I've even been tracking my sleep cycle thinking that could be throwing my off.. 7 hours a night for the past 2 months and that's been steady, not on any medications other than birth control, was diagnosed with a heart murmur when born but doesn't bother any of my daily living tasks... In high school I was 117 lbs. I know I won't ever be that thin and don't want to be, my realistic goal is 130 lbs. by sometime in my 20's!! WHAT THE HELL AM I MISSING!!! I'm a personal trainer and just got certified as a nutritionist... I just don't get it?????

You still havent told us your exact calorie intake....please do this and include protein, carb, and fat % Please open your diary cause as a PT and a nutritionist you would know that 90% is what you put in your mouth and 10% is exercise!