Wu-yi diet tea? Anyone done this?

Options
I accidently clicked on an advertisment here on MFP for wu-yi tea. I read about it and it seems interesting, but $60 for one box of tea...geeeezzzz. Wondering if anyone else has used it and if you would recommend it or not.
eatdrink013.gif

Replies

• karabeccasmith
    Options
    I accidently clicked on an advertisment here on MFP for wu-yi tea. I read about it and it seems interesting, but $60 for one box of tea...geeeezzzz. Wondering if anyone else has used it and if you would recommend it or not.
    eatdrink013.gif
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    Sounds expensive. "If it's too good to be true, it probably is false." I'd rather drink Bigelo Decaf Green Tea and boost my metabolism, as well as protect myself with all those antioxidants. It also takes care of my "middle of the day" desire for junk food. I probably drink two quarts a day, either hot or cold, with Splenda. You can also add lemon or whatever flavor you like. Don't think I'd pay $60 a box for it, though.
    :noway:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hi there,

i havent tryed it myself but i heard it's pretty good. some friends of mine done it. it's maybe something to try out, anyways. i was looking it up online and found this website where you can try it out for free.

http://www.lynxtrack.com/afclick.php?o=7436&b=tg1352d0&p=28678&l=1&s=msn

let me know what you think
    hope that helps
    may
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    You can get it for ALOT less. It is a type of fermented green tea (oolong). It is available at a lot of tea shops on line including..
    ww.arborteas.com adn other places.
    Pu-Erh is another type of tea they carry that has anti oxidents and supposed weight loss benefits.

I drink a lot of green tea of its health benefits but have not seen weight loss as one of them.
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    Thanks I will look into those websites! I also looked on E-bay and you can get that Wu-Yi tea on there for about 1/2 the price. I just wonder if it works? confused013.gif
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    hi there,

i havent tryed it myself but i heard it's pretty good. some friends of mine done it. it's maybe something to try out, anyways.

Did your friends loose any weight with it?
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Major scam and it doesn't work worth a lick!

I happened upon the website and checked it out. Spent at least an hour reading about it and thought "Can't be THAT far fetched right? Everyone knows tea has benefits" and it was a like 2 week trial period for 14 bucks then 50 bucks or something after that. Well I had to call twice because 3 weeks went by and I hadn't received it. Well it finally got here and I was on my third day when I noticed they already charged the additional 50 bucks or whatever. It was absolute misery getting my refund and after weeks using it (I continued it to see if it really worked) all I had lost was patience and had a very bad taste in my mouth, not just the flavor but from the whole experience.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hi there,

i havent tryed it myself but i heard it's pretty good. some friends of mine done it. it's maybe something to try out, anyways.

Did your friends loose any weight with it?

well my friend was trying to loose weight overall. not just with the tea. and she had lost about 25 pounds but doubt its all down to the tea, i wouldnt take it more seriously then having a green tea like i do once in a while like .. i find the green tea helps if i real hungry in the evenings...

i would definitly have concerns if you decided to feed yourself on wu yi tea only. but i cant see the harm in drinking tea in general :ohwell:

but yeah .. wouldnt go with the online thing if it caused that kind of troubles ... that sucks

:flowerforyou:
    may
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    just get green tea. then you dont have to worry about extra chemicals and stuff they add to it, which if it is "all natural" they dont necessarily have to put it or warnings about it on the label (thank you, FDA)

regular green tea, or green tea tablets will give you antioxidants which will support weight loss, help reduce your risk for cancer, etc. but, you'll have to drink 4 cups a day or take 4 pills a day (depending on the strength of the tablets)

I take 4 green tablets a day and 4 fish oil tablets a day along with my regular vitamins. works for me!
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    Thanks all for your comments! I thought it looked a little "to good". I already bought a dieaters tea from the health food store and just started it last night. I am trying to wean myself off coffee! It was the best wake up drink!!

So sorry you had a bad experience!!!! There solid gaurantee isn't so solid after all!