Tilapia...wahhhhh

Options
13»

Replies

• osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    Tilapia absorbs flavors very well. I like to cook mine 2 diff ways:
    1. cajun style- marinated in cajun seasoning and lemon juice.
    2. lemon-soy sauce. Seriously, this sauce will change your LIFE! I just eyeball the measurements, but I don't think you can really go wrong. It's tamari sauce (low sodium soy sauce), fresh lemon juice, a pinch of sugar and a little bit of olive oil. Stir it all up and bake your tilapia in it, then spoon the rest of the sauce over rice. IT IS SO GOOD!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I'm not very fond of tilapia, I find it fishy as well. It just might not suit your tastebuds.

I am a HUGE fan of fish though...as a Canadian, Halibut will always be my fave. Then catfish--cause it tastes meaty to me. Anything but Pollock. Why oh why does the cheapest fish taste so nasty?
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I love tilapia! This sounds weird but I grill it with Famous Dave's sweet&zesty bbq sauce...it's actually really good!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I do mine up in a little shake n bake. Or crushed croutons. Yummy.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is one of those foods that you can go wild with the flavors. I like to top it with salsa, bake it, serve with some steamed broccoli with lemon and black pepper.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I did haddock last night which can be fishy. I made a quick salsa verde (although didn't have any anchovies to hand) -

finely chop some parsley and mint,
    a few capers finely chopped
    garlic
    dijon mustard
    dash of olive oil
    lemon juice

really sets the fish off.
  • masonmst
    masonmst Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I cook mine on a foreman grill. Spay with pam olive oil, put mustard on both side of the fish then sprinkle with mrs dash. YUMM!!!:flowerforyou: