Calories in Pizza Slice?

Options
My friends are going out for pizza and I want to go with them. I don't want to totally blow my calorie count, but even if I do I would like to know how much. I would feel a lot better about allowing myself to have these types of food if I could work them into my alloted calories. So how many calories in a spice of pizza? I dont mean like, a little slice out of a whole pizza, but the kind you would get if you ordered just one slice. MVP says its anyway from 175 calories to 800...and that is just too big of a range. Thoughts?

Replies

• Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    If it's a chain place then look it up on-line. :smile:
  • Time2BSkinny
    Options
    I think it's about 300-350? Depends on if it's thin pizza or not, and what toppings you have.
  • Tracenspace
    Tracenspace Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing! The range is really wide. I'd love it if someone could tell me how many calories are actually in a slice of New York style pizza.
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    A slice of pizza is 250-350 in Aus but our slices are tiny compared to the states.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    As a pizza-holic... :P
    If you're going to a small/family-type of pizza place, & you're getting a generous slice...anywhere from about 300-550 cals. Per slice.
    That totally depends on toppings, etc.
    If you're gonna eat about two slices, I would think you'll be having about 600-1000 calories.
    Lean towards the higher end if you're using a lot of meat toppings & extra cheese,
    the lower spectrum for veggie-type slices or even just cheese pizza.
    If it's a major chain like Sbarro...MFP def has their pizzas in the database...
    (:
    You could always use a major chain to be the equivalent of your pizza place too;
    though it'll be a little different it'll give you some idea.
    <3
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Here's a link to Pizza Hut's nutritional information.
    You could find a comparable size and get an estimate that way.
    Large pizzas are cut into 8 slices
    http://www.pizzahut.com/Files/PDF/PH_WSNationalBrochure4.13.10.pdf
  • jessgallison
    Options
    Unfortunately the place I am going is not a chain. However, I looked up a local chain that I know to have similar sizes of slices based on your guys' recommendations. I'm a vegetarian, so I dont eat any of the high calorie meat toppings. I was thinking of just getting a slice of cheese. This place said a large single slice of cheese was 350 calories. That sounds about right. I was only planning on having one.