Hello - New to MyFitnessPal

SheDaBoss
SheDaBoss Posts: 3
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Everyone,

I am new to myfitnesspal but I have a family member and a few friends using it and they love it. I am here giving it a try and hope that I feel the same when its said and done. If you have any secrets to success or advice on how to just stay focused please drop by and drop me a line. I hope everyone has a good day and achieves their weight loss/fitness goals :happy: .

Replies

• lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Welcome! You can stay focused by logging all your food/drinks & water consumption every day! When the weight starts dropping off, you'll become more & more motivated! You can add me as a friend if you'd like!:drinker:
  • lbowa2
    lbowa2 Posts: 14
    Hi! Welcome aboard! MFP is my best friend! I live by this - my family also uses it but they tell me I am addicted - ad they are right!
    I log everything, religiously! I started around my birthday (the first of the year and I've lost 40 pounds so far! My family has changed our eating habits completely - and it's been great! When we do "cheat" a little, we have the resources to know how far to the darkside we can go before it's really bad - so that part it great!
    Also - there have been a couple times I've gotten down on myself and everyone here is so positive and encouraging!
    So I wish you the best with your goals and enjoy life!
    Sincerely - Karen
  • Mehs
    Mehs Posts: 73 Member
    I agree with logging in everyday and recording everything you eat. Find people who have lost weight and check out what they're doing, look at their food and exercise diaries to get an idea of what types of things you could do to get you started or to add something different to your routine. Once you see yourself making some progress, you'll want to continue. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.