I'm slipping!

Options
ok so I thought it was just a fluke slump I was in with eating poorly and not working out but it seems the more I try to get out of the slump the further I'm falling. I need help getting back on track. I'm trying to eat better but all I seem to be able to come up with for meals is higher calorie meals. I really should go get some groceries but I'm trying to eat up what's in my pantry to save money. I'm starting classes up again on June 14th and will be either cutting back to 19 hours per week at work or quitting work all together so I need to save as much money as possible... Hmm. I'm just stumped. It's not that the food I have is unhealthy...just higher in calories and if I eat just enough to be in a decent calorie zone I am starving 1/2 hour later. UGH! And I have NO motivation to work out. HELP!

Replies

• mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Maybe just picking up some fresh fruits and veggies to supplement what you have in the pantry. make the meal you want, but eat less of that and more fruits and veggeis on the side. And LOTS of water before you eat.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Motivation is within anyone's power. It's not an external force that we're stuck hoping will fall upon us.

My suggestion, for whatever its worth: go for a 10 minute walk daily and just try your best with the food. Next week make that 20 mins, then keep adding either in time, distance, or intensity. Take charge of your motivation.Think of it like a flower. Give your motivation a little water, a little attention. It'll bloom.
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm kinda in the same situation right now. We're moving next month and i want to eat everything in the pantry before we go. I found that if I plan my menu a say ahead and work out first thing in the morning things aren't so bad. A nice walk or run in the morning helps clear my head and I get a workout in.

Also, try some recipe websites or a Google search for 'healthy" recipes for whatever you have in the pantry. See if you can find some "normal" meals with healthier twists.

I hope this is a help to you!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    what's in the pantry right now? can you do a smaller serving of what's on hand (the calorie dense stuff) and round it out with lots of salad or fruit (like a whole apple sliced up)?

and see if you can push yourself to do just a 10 min workout, sometimes once you start you can push on to do a little more. a small goal like 10 min can help get you past the mental hurdle of starting.

i wish you the best, i've slipped in my own way a bit lately (an extra glass of wine here & there + too many lunches out to eat) and i have been trying all day to talk myself into doing better before the scale starts moving the wrong way. good luck!
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm with mommacool, go ahead and fix the stuff that's in your pantry, but less of it, per meal, and supplement with lots of fresh veggies, a big salad with each meal, or something like that. Also, you can add some protein to what you're eating to keep fuller longer. A hard boiled egg only has 70 or 80 cals each, so you can add that, with some veggies and have a slice of pizza or a smaller bowl of mac n cheese, and eggs aren't terribly expensive. You can do it, you just have to get in the mindset. I've been slipping lately, too, lots of stuff going on at home, but I'm aiming back in the right direction, I just have to keep going! Good luck!
  • alanahaps
    alanahaps Posts: 1
    Options
    Ever since people had told me and i realized i was losing weight about a year and a half ago, i stopped losing it. I became happy with my results and wanted to lose more. I decided i would monitor and restrict myself even more, which led to binges. Now, every weekend I binge like a mad woman and regret it each morning all week and every second of the day. I become depressed and feel like I will always be this way. The thing is, it's so hard to stop. I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror and being ashamed, and can't focus on my studies because all I can think about is my weight. I hate it.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    great advice about mixing the higher calorie foods in the pantry with a big salad or some other higher fiber lower calorie fruits and veggies. I'll have to start doing that. I also have to start with the 10 minute exercises thing. I'm only a pound away from my first mini goal. and I can't wait to hit that half way mark too! :)
  • Misslionheart
    Options
    Motivation is within anyone's power. It's not an external force that we're stuck hoping will fall upon us.

My suggestion, for whatever its worth: go for a 10 minute walk daily and just try your best with the food. Next week make that 20 mins, then keep adding either in time, distance, or intensity. Take charge of your motivation.Think of it like a flower. Give your motivation a little water, a little attention. It'll bloom.

:flowerforyou: