Looking for suportive gluten-free friends

Options
mommacool
mommacool Posts: 138 Member
I am looking for some supportive friends that are gluten free. I'd love to be able to check out some gluten free diaries. I was gluten free for a while before starting MFP, then went back to eating gluten so i could be tested. I have tested negative for celiac with the blood test, but since I felt so much better off gluten, my dr. suggested just going off and staying off. (rather than going through the biopsy).

I'd like to hear about any great products! One of my favorite new products are the Blue Diamond Nut Thins. If you are gluten free, what are some of your favorites? Thanks!!

Replies

• Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm gluten free, and there's a bunch of us over here.... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/207159-gluten-free-girls-and-guys
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    *waves* I try to avoid grains when possible :)
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much for grains but one of my friends, inette5, does go gluten free like 99% of the time
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I'm not gluten-free anymore but I tried that diet for 3 months. (I didn't feel any better on it). My fave GF products:

Tinkyada pasta (THE best GF pasta)
    Crunchmaster Multi-seed Crackers
    Glutino Apple Cinnamon Cereal
  • inette5
    inette5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I am MOSTLY gluten free. I mess up every once in a while but pay for it dearly! We can support each other!
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey i'm celiac and love the support i get from my grain-less ad other celiac MFP-ers.
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    Enviro kids cereal is gluten free! yum and a delicious gluten free dessert are french macarones (not the coconut things). These are brightly colored and small. so delicious and less than 100 calories
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% gluten free and you are welcome to friend me. I'm also vegan, so you'll see how I work around it a little differently maybe.

I'm the same as you. My blood tests came up negative for celiac, but there is definitely a sensitivity there. I don't need proof from a medical test to know how awful I feel when I eat it. The Celiac Disease Council (?) is researching into people like us.
  • spambubbles
    spambubbles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten-free, too. You can befriend me if you'd like. I'm addicted to tortilla chips. :-)