Sports bra question

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations for really good sports bras? I have big boobs (40DD) and they aren't the perkiest things around, so I need something that will keep them in place. If I do anything like jogging or even some exercise DVDs, they bounce so much that they hurt afterwards. It's just NOT a comfortable feeling.

I'd prefer not to spend a small fortune, but I'll spend what I have to if it's a good bra!! lol

Thanks for any advice/help.

Replies

• chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use Champion brand model #6843. I have three of them. Bought the first one, liked it so much and recently purchased the next two more. I bought them at the Champion store (outlet) which was slightly cheaper than buying online at champion. You can also buy them at the Leggs, Hanes, Bali, Playtex online (I think). They hold the girls pretty well using an underwire and do not give you a uniboob!

Good luck!
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have a Moving Comfort bra that I got at my local running store. When I LOOKED at it, it didn't seem like it would be that supportive. But, man it is. and, I love that the straps are adjustable with velcro and it's also so comfy and provides so much more support than my regular bra that sometimes I just wear it on random days!

I think the one I got is fiona: http://www.movingcomfort.com/DD/sportsbras-DD,default,sc.html
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I double up, using a regular bra and a sports bra (happens to be Champion most of the time) on top of that.
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    Yeah I'm a fan of doubling up on bras

One regular with wire, and a sports bra on top.

Just make sure to wipe down with peroxide afterwards to ward off breakouts. There's a lot of rubbing.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I double up, using a regular bra and a sports bra (happens to be Champion most of the time) on top of that.
    Thats what I do too, its pretty uncomfortable, but better than bouncing!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Title Nine has one called "'the last resort" and all the reviews online say it works... I've ordered one but haven't gotten it yet to try it
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options
    Other than doubling up, does anyone have suggestions for ones that won't make me look like a dirty pea smuggler? :blushing:
  • miller32807
    miller32807 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll try the doubling up then. I'll find a decent sports bra at Walmart or Target and then use a regular bra also. Anything to give me a bit more support than I have now.

Thanks for the suggestions!!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm only a 38C but I use a WonderBra brand (they're always on sale at the Bay etc) and good grief does it hoist those suckers up! I measured and my sports bra actually compresses 2+inches off my chest.
  • jrp31
    jrp31 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is the one I like. Very comfortable (I was getting raw and bleeding shoulders with the one I had previously.) and supportive. Plus it looks like I'm wearing a regular bra.

http://www.onehanesplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__10151_-1_11001_16102_13596
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Enell bras.....fabulous! Look them up. It is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I ran 1/2 marathon in one, and not a bit of chafing or bouncing. they are different from anything out there.
  • c2sky
    Options
    And I'm a 36 D
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Don't bother trying to find a good one at Walmart. You and I are about the same size, and I have to wear two of their "high impact" ones and I still bounce. Look at their description for high impact. The ones I have say "for activities such as yoga"..definitely NOT a high impact activity. Good luck, though!
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've heard delightful reviews of Lululemon's Tata Tamer (ok, and the name rocks), so I think I'm going to try that next. My poor Nike bras are stretched out to the point of uselessness so I've been doubling up as well.
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    I'm a 42DDD and the absolute best sports bra for the twins that I have found is the Enell sports bra.

It's like sweet, sweet comfortable armor.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be 40DD (now down to 36D!), and I've always found Champion sports bras to be reasonably-priced and comfortable. They do their job.
  • c2sky
    Options
    By the way Enells are usually about $60, but you can usually save at least $20 on Ebay. I'm not kidding. I've tried them all. Enell is BEST. You will never have to double up again, no wires, and they last a long time because they are not made out of stretchy fabric.
  • c2sky
    Options
    I'm a 42DDD and the absolute best sports bra for the twins that I have found is the Enell sports bra.

It's like sweet, sweet comfortable armor.

yep...
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have a Champion underwire one - can't for the life of me remember the number for it. It was kinda pricey for my blood at the time (around 45-50 dollars, but two, maybe three years ago I bought it), but it WORKS. I actually outgrew it for a while and refused to buy a new one like it, and now I fit back into it again. Only just started a few months ago using it regularly (always too lazy before :-) ), but it still is just like new in terms of support and hold. Wonderful brand, I think.
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be 40DD (now down to 36D!), and I've always found Champion sports bras to be reasonably-priced and comfortable. They do their job.

I second Champion bras. I tried doubling up. It didn't work in a rather spectacular fashion- I couldn't breathe and I still bounced. Totally ruined my run for the day.