PSA (Public Service Announcement)

Options
You MUST buy some Seapoint Farms EDAMAME!! OMG! I've read about it here and yonder on different threads...didn't have a clue what it was. So..I bought some yesterday at Kroger's! I tried them this morning and it's THE best thing ever! They taste yummy and taste even better when you read the nutritional info--only 38 calories a pack! You can thaw them or eat them frozen...I like them both ways! They have Spongebob on the package so I'm going to get the kids to try them today. Have YOU tried them? If not, GO GET SOME!!!!!!

Replies

• Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    You MUST buy some Seapoint Farms EDAMAME!! OMG! I've read about it here and yonder on different threads...didn't have a clue what it was. So..I bought some yesterday at Kroger's! I tried them this morning and it's THE best thing ever! They taste yummy and taste even better when you read the nutritional info--only 38 calories a pack! You can thaw them or eat them frozen...I like them both ways! They have Spongebob on the package so I'm going to get the kids to try them today. Have YOU tried them? If not, GO GET SOME!!!!!!
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    I get the mukimame (shelled soybeans) from Target, the Archer Farms brand. Delicious filling, and low-cal!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Never heard of the stuff...so what is it? Ice-cream?
  • Losing_It
    Options

No, it's Soybeans. You take the beans out of the shell & toss the shell or buy the ones that are already shelled.:flowerforyou:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I've never had that brand, but I think Edamame are delicious.

Hopefully the kids will like them too - Spongebob would work on me. :happy:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

No, it's Soybeans. You take the beans out of the shell & toss the shell or buy the ones that are already shelled.:flowerforyou:

Oooo.....yea, this little girl can't eat soy.....:grumble: so many fun "healthy" things are soy too......
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I know I tried them in a japanese resturant a few years ago and have been in total love with them:love: I buy them shelled and use the sea salt (the new grinder sea salt jar you can find at any grocery store just about) it's awesome!!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, sound like something I need to try!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Can you find this at most grocery stores and if so... where?
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options

I have this problem, too :( I never actually find them at our Safeway. (Canada) and/or maybe I just don't know where to look. I don't seem to find them in the frozen section with the other veggies. I miss Kroger back in Indiana! :sad:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Are they salty? Sweet? Is it like a nut? A coffee bean? What? I feel so dumb right now. :ohwell: In the frozen section? Under what part of the frozen section? Or do you buy them and then freeze them? AAAUGRH! I just HAVE to know now.
  • Losing_It
    Options

I have this problem, too :( I never actually find them at our Safeway. (Canada) and/or maybe I just don't know where to look. I don't seem to find them in the frozen section with the other veggies. I miss Kroger back in Indiana! :sad:

I found them at Kroger, in the Produce/Organic section.
  • Losing_It
    Options
    They remind me of nuts...some people salt them, I don't. The ones I bought were already frozen...and you can eat them frozen too! :bigsmile: I like popping them out of the shell....it's fun! hehehe
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    OK I will look this weekend :) Thanks