looking for music suggestions for cardio sessions

Options
I typically listen to Fat Boy Slim, Pantara and old school Metallica on cardio days. I'm open to suggestions for differnt tunes to help keep me going. I've tried Pandora a couple of times but the tempo of the songs tend to vary too much to be effective while on the elipical or treadmill.

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    CAKE

...ironically
  • mjtmorr
    mjtmorr Posts: 75
    Options
    I listen to Primus, Led Zeppiln, Everlast, ZZ Top and the Beastie Boys, an odd collection but it works, especially Primus
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    http://lifehacker.com/5295594/bpm-analyzer-calculates-the-bpm-of-your-music-adds-tags

That tool might help with your existing music library. If you are looking for something to help you figure out the pace of your workout.
  • cmc717
    cmc717 Posts: 1
    Options
    Dropkick Murphys, Evergreen Terrace, Bad Religion, Minor Threat, System of a Down, Social Distortion. Good fast-paced, jacked-up, angst-filled tunes to pump up a workout. Works for me.
  • ridiculyss
    ridiculyss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    CAKE

...ironically

Lol!!

I'm a big hip hop junkie, so I'm not sure if this playlist is for everybody. haha But I just put it together the other day (in a strategic order so it flows fairly well for the most part lol. not obsessed with music at all....) and haven't been able to stop moving (or at least singing!) along with it!

Lupe Fiasco - The Show Goes On - I like to put this one on to walk between classes. Keeps my pace up and sometimes I can't help but box-step n twirl if nobody's looking. lol! plus the lyrics are great. :)
    Pitbull ft. Ne-yo, Afrojack, & Nayer - Give Me Everything - awesome dance beat
    Usher - More - the percussion in this song is awesome! I love it.
    Nicki Minaj & Drake - Moment 4 Life
    Black Eyed Peas - Just Can't Get Enough
    Nicki Minaj - Super Bass - not a very bassy song, but the upbeatness of it makes me wanna move.
    Britney Spears - Till the World Ends - gonna dance till the world ends!
    Nicki Minaj - Last Chance
    Nicki Minaj - Save Me -- In case you can't tell, I'm a hip hop junkie, and Nicki Minaj is inspiring, hilarious, exciting and something totally different. Love this woman! The lyrics touched me in this one but the bass is great.
    Diddy - Coming Home - I enjoy singing with this one, and the beat is fun for walking to as well.
    Diddy - Hello Good Morning --- This one we used in my cardio hip hop class in the mornings and it's great for starting up your day and getting you to move!
    Usher - OMG -- another good one we had in that class.
    LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett - Party Rock Anthem
    Chris Brown - Yeah 3X --- I can't help but move around to this one.
    Usher - Spotlight --- My celebrity crush. I love love love Usher, and he's got some of the greatest get up and dance music out there.
    Lloyd - Get it Shawty
    Mario - Skippin --- I love this song. Found it on So You Think You Can Dance? awhile back.
    Nas ft. Keri Hilson - Hero

Hope you enjoy!! :)
  • californiagirl10
    Options
    I love KRAZY - featuring PITBULL
    TILL I COLLAPSE -Eminem
    On the floor- JLo
    I dunno I know more i am just drawing a blank =)
  • alishathiel
    alishathiel Posts: 16
    Options
    sounds like you're more into the heavy rock or metal but I downloaded Jango on my android and it has lots of genres and no commercials. My favorite is the Hot Dance Hits selection. All the songs are at least 135 beats per minute. It can be a bit fist bumpy but it's song after song of sweet beats!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I tried music but it drove me batty. Now I listen to Audio books. Nothing too deep, strangely enough Urban Fantasy seems to work best. lol It helps me focus.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I always choose something upbeat -- Nickelback, Linkin Park, Kid Rock, etc..
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    Dimmu Borgir
    Cannibal Corpse
    Heathen
    Helloween
    Symphony X
    Iced Earth
    Metallica
    Dio (especially when I want upbeat!!)
    Iron Maiden
    Testament
    Slayer
  • primus_guy
    primus_guy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Some I have and some I don't. I'll throw them into the music player and see how I like them during the workouts.