30 day shred and calories burned and alternate exer for skip

Options
Hi everyone,
I just started doing JM,s 30 day shred day 1 today. I was curious about how many calories are burned for that routine. My HRM. Showed 170 calories . I felt it was low but not sure.

Also I was wondering what kind of alternate exercises I can do instead of jumping jacks or skipping as I have bad knees and I recently sprained a ligament in my leg. So even lounges I am having problems with afterwards.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Nina

Replies

• browneyes1022
    Options
    I started today too I would like to know how many cals also
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to when I saw what my HRM said, but I burn between 145-175 depending on how hard I push myself. I would have thought it to be more, but then I remind myself that it is ONLY 20 minutes, so for 20 minutes that is a decent burn.
  • skinnymama157
    Options
    My HRM usually says between 270 and 300 calories after level 2. The thing with this is that your heart rate goes up and down so much with this workout. I try to take my heart rate at least after each circuit, and usually after the cardio just to see how high my heart rate got. I think this is the best way to get the most accurate reading.
  • Nlakshmi
    Nlakshmi Posts: 72
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies.. Yes for 20 min it is a good number of calories.. My only problems is with the jumping jacks and skipping .. My knees hurt so badly and I need to figure out some alternate ways to do the cardio to get my Heart rate up without compromising my knees...
    Nina