Know What's Annoying?

JRRCLR
JRRCLR Posts: 338 Member
edited 10:20AM in Health and Weight Loss
The ad up at the top of the page is for Domino's Pizza...on a fitness website...hehe...where's the ad for Vita Tops or 30 Day Shred? :)

Replies

• chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    The ad up at the top of the page is for Domino's Pizza...on a fitness website...hehe...where's the ad for Vita Tops or 30 Day Shred? :)

LOL so true! Pizza is such a trigger for me!
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Me too! I freaking LOVE pizza. I usually have a jillian michaels ad.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    There were two dancing filet-o-fishes earlier. So gross.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member

actaully i see jillian stuff alot. and I just started doing30 shred , finished today my second got on she popped up . didnt know whether to smile or punch the screen
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    I think a lot of the banner ads are triggered to be personalized to each one of us, and the types of things we search for. Your computer sends out bits and pieces of what we do online....kinda creepy if you ask me. I always have ads for Jillian Michaels and Overstock.com!
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    I'm more annoyed with the stupid Taco Bell 12 Taco Box commercial that shows every other freaking minute.

I so want Taco Bell tacos..
  • it also has to do with the threads we read (or whatever websites)....spiders go around and pick out key words and the ads will pop up with them. So now that I've read this thread I'll probably will be seeing pizza ads soon ;)
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    The one that I'm always wondering about is the one that says foods you shouldn't eat and then always has a banana. Has anyone ever found out? I love bananas so I don't want to know if my bananas are on the list! I did read today or yesterday a post about only eating a banana once a week. :( I eat about one a day until I run out. Sometimes two.

Yeah, I get Jillian or the banana on top. That is creepy! They know I eat bananas and do Jillian workouts! hahaha
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 338 Member
    The one that I'm always wondering about is the one that says foods you shouldn't eat and then always has a banana. Has anyone ever found out? I love bananas so I don't want to know if my bananas are on the list! I did read today or yesterday a post about only eating a banana once a week. :( I eat about one a day until I run out. Sometimes two.

That one was actually up as I placed the post!
  • Tangerine302

That one was actually up as I placed the post!

Do you eat bananas? If so, they are stalking you too! :)
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    I despise bananas and my children feel deprived and unloved because I won't even allow them in the house ... And I STILL get the banana ad... LOL
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    I keep getting acuve contact lens. and yes i know its to mock me. Satuday i got contacts for the first time. sunday morning i lost one. called the place, the ones i got the day before just happened to be the last one in stock so they have to order and i cant get them till next week.

That damn ad has been mocking me since
  • Tangerine302
    No bananas??????? :) I love them just after they turn yellow. No spots or brown anything. I get excited when I see florescent green bananas at the store. I know that in a day or two they will be perfect! hahaha Ahhhh, your kids can come over and have some of mine! hahaha
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    I get the Las Vegas Buffet of Buffets that shows a big pictures of ribs. I also get some sort of vision ads for like lasic or contacts. I'm a vegetarian and I have 20-20 so I'm totally confused by the ads.
  • Better than the one I have currently which suggests I can lose up to 20 lbs. every month. Yeah, that's healthy! :huh:
  • Tangerine302
    Lately it's been the LA weight loss system. Lose weight like Wendy did! ha
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    I get "Diet Pill Universe." I'm a personal trainer. It's offensive on soooo many levels! Hahaha!
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    All of the ads that everyone sees on there own individual computers are based on what you as an indivdual look up on your own computer. We do not all see the same thing. What ever you are seeing is because you looked at it and it is in your computer's memory.

I live in Japan and all my ads are in Kanji (Japanese Alphabet). If you don't like the junk food ads, don't look at junk food on your computer.
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member

Yeah, I get Jillian or the banana on top. That is creepy! They know I eat bananas and do Jillian workouts! hahaha

I always have the banana...never any other food ads. Sometimes Biggest Loser or JM ads. Interesting!
  • jbqueen
    jbqueen Posts: 89 Member
    Great way to get rid of those pesky ads on sites: Adblock.

http://adblockplus.org/en/
This discussion has been closed.