Running Shoes

Options
Ok, I'm asking for running shoes for Father's Day as a goal for keeping up with progress! I'm curious what is the best AFFORDABLE place to get fitted for running shoes. I am in the Indianapolis, IN, area and looking for an honest place that will watch me walk, but I honestly don't want to burden my family to spend too much. Thanks!

Replies

• Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Im in Australia so I wont be much help with the shop names...however....you can always get fitted by a pro at a great shop then find the same sneakers somewhere cheaper or even on line.
  • livingfitwithlori
    livingfitwithlori Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Check with Sarah, she got fitted and got some pretty inexpensive shoes about a month ago.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm asking for running shoes for Father's Day as a goal for keeping up with progress! I'm curious what is the best AFFORDABLE place to get fitted for running shoes. I am in the Indianapolis, IN, area and looking for an honest place that will watch me walk, but I honestly don't want to burden my family to spend too much. Thanks!

Price really shouldn't be the first consideration in running shoes. Expect to pay between $75 and $120 for them. Trust me, buying the wrong shoes will cost you much more in the long run when you get injured.

Do you have a Fleet Feet in your area? They are very reliable. Get the first pair at the running store, as they are spending a lot of time on you and will allow you to return/exchange if the shoes are not quite right. For subsequent pairs, go ahead and look for lower prices on line. Manufacturers change out their line every 6 months or so, usually only changing the shoe color, so you can often find last season's colors online at a good discount.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Getting fitted for shoes is a must if you are going to start running regularly. You will enjoy it so much more and will be able to become a better runner because you are less likely to suffer injuries or experience discomfort. I think running socks are very improtant as well since they aliviate blisters.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    My husband has some Nike Free's he loves them. I have the Luna's and like them but I working on barefoot running and some Vibrams.