Negative net calories

sccamero
sccamero Posts: 164 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
I know I exercise a lot today, over 4 hours of different cardio, and put in everything for the day but I ended up with negative 36 calories. Should i panic with only an hour left for the day?

Replies

• eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    As a one time thing there's no need to panic. Have a healthy high calorie snack and call it good. Once it's going to kill your metabolism just don't let it become a regular thing.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    ^Agreed.

I'd urge against doing this again, you could really deprive yourself. I'm pretty firmly pro-eating exercise calories (it works for me).
    Don't be surprised if you're really hungry tomorrow. I'm always starving the next day if I don't eat some of my exercise calories back.

Next time you know you're going to have a big exercise day, try to eat a big breakfast. On the days when I walk 9 miles I try to pack a lot of snacks.
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Thanks you guys. I find it hard to not do it again since I am part of a dance team and do zumba twice a week. But next time I will remember to eat more calories. I just wasn't aware how much calories I burned today.
This discussion has been closed.