30 day shred claim

Options
Hey, it says that you can lose 20 pounds in 30 days using JM's shred program.
Has anyone actually experienced this or is it a fluke?

Replies

• ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You can lose "up to" - bear in mind, 20lbs in 30 days is not ideal for most people. So if you only have 20lbs to lose...it's not going to happen in 30 days. I view it as an attention grabber - you will lose, inches if not pounds, guaranteed - but 20lbs? Yeah not so much...
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    it says up to! I take that as meaning, you are really overweight, probably obese, and if youre reeeally out of shape.
    It does give you great results, though.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    yep, I certainly did not lose 20 pounds in 30 days, but I did lose nearly 10, and man oh man, it has changed more than my weight. my shoulders look amazing if I do say so myself. After finishing it, I am now able to run more than 2 miles at a time, just because I am altogether much more in shape! And inches baby, inches! Lots of inches lost. I still do the shred, I love it! It is challenging! I still see results, and it still challenges me! Good luck with it!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    That maybe true...if you are just starting out with a good diet & her workout. Most people drop a big number when they start a program.
  • mwilliams5486
    mwilliams5486 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i am on my second round of the 30 day shred. i only lost 5 pounds but a total of 17.5 inches!!! it really is a great workout and its very inexpensive!!! i paid $10 at wal mart!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    You can lose "up to" - bear in mind, 20lbs in 30 days is not ideal for most people. So if you only have 20lbs to lose...it's not going to happen in 30 days. I view it as an attention grabber - you will lose, inches if not pounds, guaranteed - but 20lbs? Yeah not so much...

I can attest to this. I only had 20lbs to lose when I started the Shred and I actually gained weight with the program and stopped mid-way through level 2. It was frustrating because I want to see the numbers on the scale go down before I see them go up, even if it is because I was "building muscle". In those 14 days I gained 4lbs and lost 1.5" all over. I really did love it and I definitely saw an increase in my endurance, but I won't do it now until I'm ready to tone. I had joined a thread with people starting the Shred who had more weight to lose and they had great results. Not 20 lbs though.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options

I can attest to this. I only had 20lbs to lose when I started the Shred and I actually gained weight with the program and stopped mid-way through level 2. It was frustrating because I want to see the numbers on the scale go down before I see them go up, even if it is because I was "building muscle". In those 14 days I gained 4lbs and lost 1.5" all over. I really did love it and I definitely saw an increase in my endurance, but I won't do it now until I'm ready to tone. I had joined a thread with people starting the Shred who had more weight to lose and they had great results. Not 20 lbs though.

I wondered about this! I am only on day 4 of the shred and have gained 2.6 pounds since last Thursday! Thought I messed up my calories or my scale or something.. I'm going to stick with it and see what happens
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17lbs so far and am on day 6 of level 3 so 26 days in. Mind you, I have also been watching what I eat and doing other exercise. I would recommend the 30DS to anyone. I'm starting 6 week 6 pack when I finish but will be continuing with the shred on the odd day because I have found it so effective.

I've lost 11.5 inches so far so I have definitely seen results :)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I remember reading an article awhile back (can't for the life of me find it now) that talked about some researchers that did a 30DS study. In order to lose the 20 pounds in 30 days, participants had to do the routine something like 5 times in a row. In real life, though, yeah right. 30DS is better for taking off lots of inches than lots of pounds. P.S., sorry I just found this thread now. :smile: