What happened?

Options
So my hubby and I went on a walk tonight probably 15 minutes after eating dinner and it was about 2 miles+ and a good pace. On the way back I started feeling faint and numb in places and by the time we were home, I felt like I could puke. Anyone have any ideas on what might cause that? I was extremely pale too by that time!

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hmmm What did you have for dinner? I often find that if my dinner was really high protein or high fiber and I exercise after I get a little faint.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    low blood sugar perhaps?
  • mama2reagan
    mama2reagan Posts: 23
    Options
    We had baked chicken, a small baked potato and a salad. With water.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It sounds almost like low blood sugar, Maybe try bringing a small snack on your walk with you just in case?
  • mama2reagan
    Options
    Hmmm, never would have associated that with low blood sugar, but I guess it's possible. I have dealt with Hypoglycymia during my lifetime so that would make sense. I will try bringing snacks with me next time. Thanks!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    That exact same thing happened to me early on. It only happened once and it kinda scared me. I don't recall if it happened after eating or before, but since then I've checked my blood glucose level 2 hours after eating and it was 89 so I think it was low blood sugar. I'm not an expert but last time at the Dr, almost a year ago my 24 hour fast level was 102 and he said regular exercise would bring that down. He was right. Hope he's happy when I go back in July. You might want to get a monitor just for your own peace of mind.
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    low blood sugar perhaps?

that is what I was thinking.
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not trying to scare you but it might be a good idea to call a health line, especially if you still don't feel right.. The numb part seems a little odd combined with feeling sick.
  • mama2reagan
    Options
    I do have a monitor so I might try using that. I get the numb feeling whenever I am about to pass out.
  • sfaus
    sfaus Posts: 3
    Options
    Also may want to pay attention to your electrolyte levels (sodium an potassium) which MFP tracks for you in your food diary. Low sodium diet may be good for blood pressure an water retention but you need enough of both to function normally. If you're not sure if the targets mFp has set for you are appropriate, ask your doctor or a registered dietician.