Pregnancy update

Options
jisabelle
jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
:smile: Hello, hello, hello!

Hi everyone, so I'm at 14weeks and 4days now. The past 3 weeks have been hell!

I have been in and out of the hospital and doctors wanted to perform surgery on my gallbladder. This was very hard for me because I was told that I could lose my babies during or after surgery. I was also told that if I didn't go through with it I would put my babies and myself in danger, that I could still lose them.

I struggled with the decision to do it or not to do it. I was so worried of doing it and losing my babies that I would cry at any time of the day. I would also spend days praying that all would turn out well. I went back to the doctor and they told me that if I didn't do it I risk getting another attack, getting an abstruction, getting an infection or my galllbladder bursting. All of wich they said would be worst than actually risking surgery. I asked if I could just wait till the babies are born and they just told me that all those other things could happen and then surgery is much more risky since my uterus will be so large since it's twins. They also told me that if something were to happen and I'm in my third trimester that I have a greater riskof loosing them.

I told the doctores that I was following a diet and they said that even if I did this all those four things could still happen. so I feelt like I had no choice, whatever I decied I was putting the babies and I in danger.

At this point I was done with crying and trying to seen what I could do. One evening I was at home alone and all of a suden It all just hit me and I could not stop crying I called my mom and told her everything that was going on and I told her I did not want to lose my babies. I told her that I had been praying and doing all I could to keep healthy. My mother listened and then she reminded me that God does things for a reason. she told me to not be so selfish I thought Selfish? how is that? I just want what's best for my babies, I want to save them. Then she reminded me that If God had put them in my life it was for a reason and that if he was gonna take them it must be for a good reson as well. I never thought what if there's something wrong with them or something could go wrong with me and that this was gods way of setting things right. After tha tphone call I thought of how I had been praying & in a way I had been a bit selfish I just wanted them so bad. That night I prayed that god's will be done not mine, I prayed for streingth understanding and acceptance of whatever was to come.

A week latter I came to the decition of going through with the surgery. It was the best thing to do since not doing something would put us at risk, I thought at least this way I'm doing something and not just waiting for bad things to happen I put my trust in god and was finally ok for whatever I should have to face.

After all the questions, fears, and crying I walked in to the doctors office and while still nervous I was ok with getting surgery. I was there to schedule the date for the surgery and that's when 2doctors walked in and they said hello later they left the room and they were talking about me, I thought Oh god! please this can't get worst.

To my surprice they came back in and informed me that the night before 20 doctors had gotten together to discuss my situation. They told me that my situation is risky and that they had read through my chart and a bunch of medical data and they thought since it's twins it's twice as risky and they thought that at this moment in time the risk outweigh the beneffits, so they will not go through with it unless I get an obstruction or get an attack.

After all that I was like Thank God! I cryied out of relief and well... I'm just so emotional. They told me that even if I follow a healthy diet, I'm still at risk for an attak, infection, obstruction, or it bursting but that there are more chances of losing my babies in surgery than these things happening. Hopefully all will remain well with me and I can have surgery after I give birth to my little loves.

Now i'm in my 14th week and although I'm at risk for gestetional Diabetes all is well! I took the one hour gluccos test and my sugar levels were a little bit elevated and they had me do the threee hour test but after 40min I threw up and had to reschedule. I might do the three hour test again sometime this week. I'm so glad that all of this is over and I'm doing all I can not to get Gestetional Diabetes. I have never been so scared. I know there is other things that come into play as far as getting Diabetes but God knows I'm trying to do all my best to keep me and my babies healthy. Even with all this I feel that I have been blessed.

Still eating properly but I have to admit I had been feeling verry down with all that was going on, wich is why I have been gone. I'm back to walking and I meditate every day and think of how well things will turn out.

Still having a bit of the all day morning sickness, and I get heartburn once in a while. My belly is growing as it should be and my babies are healthy, strong heartbeats and a good size. Although hard at times, I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Can't wait to meet my twins!! I love them so much!! :love:

ps. In case you were wondering as far as my weight goes not much has changed, I had gained three pounds and then lost them and then I gained five pounds and then lost them so my current weight is the same as before pregnancy 237lbs. I'm was told i'm probobly gonna gain in the end of my pregnancy. Will let you know.

God Bless and good night.

Replies

• fourbcrew
    fourbcrew Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow!! God is in control!! If he bring you to it, he will get you through it!!!! Keep believing!!!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    glad ur pregnancy is going well hon :) il keep my fingers crossed for ur gall bladder to remain stable until ur beautiful babies are born xxxx
  • kmwilkinson
    Options
    Wow. Great to hear your faith in God is so strong amidst such immense stress. Will pray for you and your beautiful babies. God's plan is always best; though we sometimes cannot understand it.
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, not harm you...to give you a hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy! I believe everything will okay and in no time you will hold two wonderful babies in your hands! :-) GOOD LUCK!
  • audbbgirl
    audbbgirl Posts: 83
    Options
    God can do all things!! Keep the faith and he will walk you through this.

God Bless!!
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your prayers and your blessings.
    I know that God walks with me and soon enough I will be able to hold my little angels.
    Take care and keep pushing through with your goals,
    :flowerforyou: God Bless