Getting up Way Too Early to Exercise

kenlad64
kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
Is there anyone else awake now? Getting up way too early to exercise, and looking for support to continue this insanity? It is 4am and I am awake to use the elliptical. It is quiet time around here, what is your story and why are you doing this? Is it just a great way to start your day?

Replies

• Aaron85
    Aaron85 Posts: 3 Member
    I definitly would not call it insanity. I love starting off the day with a run. When i dont start my day with a run it just isnt the same.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Man, I haven't even gone to bed, yet. Mind you, it's only 1 AM, here, but I still probably won't go to bed for another couple of hours.
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    I get up at 5am for a run and some other workouts. Totally kills my night life though, I'm in bed by 9pm!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    I start and finish the day with a bike ride - 21.5 miles each way to work. Wakes me up in the morning (6.30am) and leaves any stress behind before I get home. Great calorie burn too with an average moving speed of 15mph.
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    I have my alarm set for 5am weekdays and at first I adjusted to it happily but it is getting harder now! Need to do it though to fit it in when I am working that day!
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Insanity with a purpose!! I've been awake at this time for much worse reasons than to workout. I work overnights and just got back form a brisk 2 mile walk and 15 min of abs. Felt great!! Just enough to get me through till 6 am.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    I love running early in the morning. It kind of sets me up for the rest of the day
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    I would love to get up that early, but when I get to bed at 1:00 - 2:00 every day it just is not going to happen.

In my youth I would get up at 6:00 and bus it into work early to do weights from 7:00 - 9:00 and everyone thought I was crazy.

You are just my kind of normal :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    I get up every morning 2 or 3 a.m. for work. But when I get off at 9 a.m., on most days, I head straight to the gym so that I make sure I get my workout because, as so often happens, life gets in the way as the day progresses or I just get daggone tired.
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Insanity? I got it!

I get up about 3pm everyday so I can go to the gym & workout, get ready for work, grab a quick bite (healthy of course), then head to work (on the unit by 6:45pm ready to work), then about 7:15am (if I am lucky) I head home, and crash around 8am (hopefully!!!).

So, my 3pm-8am day is way too long...and I suppose it is comparable to your 4am start....lol
    :smile:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    I wish I was just getting up right now to do something aerobic. :P

It's 5am and I haven't been to bed yet because I've been sitting on my *kitten* in front of this computer working on a power point presentation I need to do tonight.

Maybe one day I'll get up this early because I want to and not because I have to.. Until then, I'm insanely jealous of all of your Exercise vs. Snooze wins.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    I guess I am use to getting up early. But I too am pretty tired by 9:30pm, but I am glad to get my exercise in and get my day rolling!. I have always been an early riser!
This discussion has been closed.