Bit of a rant, bit of a brag

Options
My head is a bit confused this morning and although I'm not one for blogging I thought I'd get my rambles wrote on here rather than not sharing.

Firstly the bad....my closest friend has 4 boys and over a week ago had to go to hospital with one of them, so for the past week I have been caring for her other 3 boys as well as my own 5 children (ages 12,10,9,9,4,4,2 and 1). Don't get me wrong I am more than happy to help and would again in a heartbeat but I am seriously tired now....not been feeling too great past 3 days (TOM too) and now this morning my 2 yr old has started throwing up. To top it off my house isn't big enough for all children so come 7pm I am heading down to mates house to get her boys in bed and im sleeping on her sofa...then having to get home for 6.30am so my husband can leave for work. I'm not wanting sympathy as I'd rather my situation than my friends (1 in hospital and 100miles away from my others) but really looking forward to a little bit of normality....a relaxing bath and an early night would be fab lol.

Now the good bit.....yesterday evening whilst all the kids were finishing their dinner I took the dog out for a 4 mile walk in the pouring rain...whilst this may seem a bit mad it was really refreshing....because of the rain I kept a good pace and didn't come across any other walkers...so really had a good think about what I have achieved....2 months ago I was 14 st 6 (202lbs), sat on my *kitten* most of the time and averagely ate 2500/3000 calories a day....Yesterday I weighed 12st 12 (180lbs), first time i've been under 13 st in 5 1/2 years!!!! I'm the slimmest my husband has known me :) I now try to get to the gym 3 times a week and when I can't I get out walking with my dog or do a little dancing on the kinect.....whilst I still get a bit hot and sweaty, I can now breath easy whilst doing it.....and I have cut down my eating to 1200-1500 cal a day. Ok I may not be eating the most healthiest of choices, but i am getting there and having my treats in moderation and workout to 'deserve' them.

I have always hated my body and over the past 15 years have had various problems with weight and food (to both extremes). For the 1st time in my life I am doing something SENSIBLE about it and although I will never love what i see in a mirror, I know one day I may be ok with it and thats fine with me!

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    you are doing great!! this was a great post to show that you are realizing all that you have done and all that you can do!!Keep up the great work, and I bet one day you will LOVE what you see in the mirror :) CONGRATS so far girl :)
  • saharajay
    saharajay Posts: 9
    Options
    Well i think you are a saint! It's no wonder you have lost weight looking after all your loved ones. You do what you need to for the ones you love when they need your support, and what you are doing is amazing. Well done on your fabulous weight loss and getting healthier. Hope you eventually get some chillout time,as you truely deserve it. Best wishes for your friends child. Take care, love Sarah x x
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friend's son ....hope he makes a speedy recovery. What a great friend you are!!!! Taking on somebody else's kids as well as your own is a great feat :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: It must be hard work especially as you're juggling between 2 houses.

Well done on makingtime for yourself too - not easy, I should imagine........but take care of your health too. 22lb loss in 2 months is awesome!

Sorry, I;'m not very good at putting things into words....but hope you know what I mean :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sue :smile: xx
  • PositiveMummy
    Options
    You should be very proud - looking after all them kids, and still making time for exercise and watching what you eat. I find it knackering (but so rewarding) looking after my 2 1/2 yr old and 4 mnth old, so you really are superwoman lol.

Well done, you're an inspiration

xx
  • misschocolate82
    Options
    haha wouldn't say wonderwoman but thank you everyone for your comments. fingers crossed I get a phone call to say he's well enough to come home :) and roll on 12.30pm as thats when the 2 4yr olds go nursery and my 2 babies will go for a nap....2 hour of peace wohoo lol x
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    Well done you for losing so much already and also looking after that many kids! I can barely cope with my one lol. Enjoy your me time today, you deffo deserve it! xx
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    WTG!

You are doing amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • happym4923
    happym4923 Posts: 1
    Options
    I feel terrible reading that i'm so sorry that it's been so hard for you. I'm glad we got home yesterday too hun, i've never been away from the boys for that long so it was so hard having to be so far away. I'm eternally grateful to you for looking after them and Tracy for having them a couple of nights. I'm glad the older two were at camp at the weekend to give you a break. I know how hard it is with all of them when i've been looking after yours, granted not for that amount of time lol but i know you must be exhausted. I hope i never have to leave them again, sometimes it would be good to be able to split myself in two lol. Thank god he's recovering now and we can get back to normal.
    Love you to bits Becky, thank you for being there for us! x x x