I've been doing this a week.

Options
RhonndaJ
RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
Last night I was well aware that this morning would mark the start of my second week here at MFP. I blogged about what I'd recognised in my eating and other things I was thinking about for this upcoming week. Baby step #2. More veg, less carbs, I didn't mention about starting to do some exercise, but that's on my plan as well. At any rate, last night I knew today was the beginning of week two.

This morning, once my brain found some sort of coherency, I had a moment. I made it a week. A whole week. Without a binge.

Now I know for some of you that may not sound like much, but for me it's HUGE. It's been years and years since I've managed a whole week staying aware and in control, at any level, of my eating.

I didn't eat perfect. I had one day that was over my set cals, but it was a planned thing, not out of control. It's just one week, but damned if it doesn't feel like a success.

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! I know all about the small things feeling like a million bucks! I am so proud of you for doing this!

Jenn
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Fantastic..keep it up! It's all about baby steps so it sounds like you are on the right track!
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    One step at a time!
    You're doing great. remember it is a marathon not a sprint.
    Keep that lifestyle choice going :happy:

:drinker:
    Rich
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your sucess. I have also just finished my first week of healthier living. I am trying to focus on the eating right, not on the scales.... but it does feel great when you see some results. You are going to make it. One day at a time.
  • teetees40
    teetees40 Posts: 30
    Options
    Well done and that IS a huge thing! :wink: Keep up the amazing work - one day at a time!
  • Jeterfan2
    Jeterfan2 Posts: 15
    Options
    Great Job!! I had a friend tell me you didnt put the weight on over night so dont expect to take it off over night!! I have found if I plan my meals out and stick with them I also feel like I accomplish something there, which helps motivate me for more goals !! Good Luck!!
  • bkthomas2004
    bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That IS a huge accomplishment. The small steps count in large ways. good for you :smile:
  • Kristy0728
    Kristy0728 Posts: 63
    Options
    Of course it feels like a success. It IS! Little steps, one hour, one day, one week at a time... Great job!
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Fantastic..keep it up! It's all about baby steps so it sounds like you are on the right track!
    This is exactly how I have done, also. Great job!
  • MommyofBoys
    MommyofBoys Posts: 75
    Options
    You're doing awesome!
  • mllowe2
    mllowe2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I felt like I conquered the world when I made it through my first week! As should you, it's a big accomplishment Congrats!!