JM's Shred It - How heavy are your weights?

Options
thomasbf
thomasbf Posts: 47 Member
Just curious what everyone uses for weight with this DVD. I have been doing Level 2 and using 10-15 pound weights (8 for the warm up). This morning I added Level 1 on to extend the workout and heard JM say you should use 3-8 pound weights. No wonder people don't feel the burn from this workout!

What do YOU use?

Replies

• SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I use five pound weights. I definitely feel the burn.
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use 3lb weights, had a torn ligament in my shoulder in january and just healed so dont want to injure myself by lifting heavy too soon.
  • Leslynnie
    Leslynnie Posts: 1
    Options
    I use 5lb and I feel the burn.
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I use 2kg weights. Could probs go heavier for a lot of it, but heading back home o/s soon, so don't want to buy anymore weights!!

I used 1kg ankle weights (held in my hand!) for the first few weeks. Literally doubled my caloric burn when I finally got around to buying the 2kg ones!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I use 8-lb weights....and feel the burn! :-)
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I think yo ucan't say it's strange people don't feel the burn.. My arms are really weak, i use 3pound weights and trust me, i feel it.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    15lb kettlebell
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I use a 15 lb free weight for Shred it with Weights and 8 lbs for 30 Shred.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    5lb weights, and I definitely can feel it. I want to work up to 8lbs eventually, but 5lbs currently kills me haha
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    LOL...I'm a wimpy wimp :P I use 3 lb and I feel it...I think I have no arm strength b/c the only part of level one that really hurts is the strength thaining on my arms :P
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    Weight is personal to each person what's light for you isn't for others! I use a mix of 3 and 5 lb depending on the exercise.
    I definatly feel the burn!
  • thomasbf
    Options
    I've seen other posts saying this video "isn't worth it" or "it doesn't work" - I think those people are crazy. :)
  • thomasbf
    Options
    I use a 15 lb free weight for Shred it with Weights and 8 lbs for 30 Shred.

Ditto! (Sometime I go heavier on 30DS if I feel strong, I'm sure you do as well.)